History lesson from a fox

𝕂𝕦𝕣𝕒𝕞𝕒 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘

Naruto thoughts ----- 'blah, blah, dattebayo' (italics)

*****************************************

Naruto POV

Both girls were panting heavily after finishing their mock battle. Sakura-chan had her hands on her knees, sweat dripping from her chin. There was a smile on her face as she looked at Moriko-nee, though, who was grinning from ear to ear.

And Moriko-nee stood on the opposite end of the field.

I mean, if you can even still call it a field.

They DESTROYED it.

As soon as we got back to the Hidden Leaf and reported to Granny Tsuande, Kakashi-sensei was ordered to rest in the hospital while Sakura-chan and I caught up with Moriko.

That's when Sakura challenged Moriko to a battle.

'She totally beat me to it! I wanted to fight Moriko-nee first, dattebayo!'

'But I understand.'

We went back to our old training grounds, and I sat on the sidelines to watch.

Gai-sensei's team sat in on it too!

It was during this fight that I couldn't help but wonder if Sakura-chan had held back during our mock bell test with Kakashi-sensei. I knew she held back Granny's seal, but I thought that was it.

Some of the things I saw Sakura do in this fight. . .

. . .were INSANE.

Moriko went through the motions with Sakura-chan just like Kakashi-sensei did; first taijutsu, then ninjutsu, then genjutsu.

They really are father and daughter.

'It still surprises me!'

Sakura-chan and Moriko-nee's taijutsu has come a long way. Their movements were swift and fluid. Every hit one threw, another blocked. It was like a stalemate you couldn't turn your eyes away from. Sakura-chan isn't even really a heavy taijutsu fighter as far as I know, but she definitely held her own.

Moriko-nee has always been abnormally strong since she's a werewolf, so no one on the team was ever stronger than her. It was just a fact that we all knew. Then when she started teaching Sakura-chan how to punch like her, I got a little scared.

And then Sakura trained under Granny Tsunade. . .

'She just keeps getting stronger and stronger, dattebayo!'

No one could take Moriko's punches head-on before, not even Sasuke-teme. He would always speed out of the way. Bit NOW, Sakura-chan and Moriko are at even strength!

They've gotta be!

Each punch that was blocked by the other sent shockwaves across the field. It broke up the ground and gave whiplash to us and the trees!

'It was like watching a couple of giants fighting! '

'So cool! I can't wait to fight Moriko-nee! '

When Moriko asked Sakura-chan to show her what Tsunade taught her, Sakura-chan smirked and then started dodging every single attack from Moriko-chan!

It was crazy!