Naruto's New Place

Back when Naruto got his new place. . . right before Land of Waves mission:

"Can I take it off now, Moriko-nee?"

"We're almost there, I promise. Hold on, let me get the keys. . ." I heard her fumbling around

Keys?

Some jingling, followed by a lock and clicking noise could be heard before I felt Moriko grab my hand and lead me into what I assumed was my new home.

The money my parents left me was A LOT. They must've been real successful ninjas, 'cuz after going shopping for a new wardrobe, cooking ware, ramen, bed and sheet set, and more ramen, there was still a bunch leftover!

I didn't want to leave my little old apartment at first. Moriko and I actually had our first big argument about it. To me, the busted-up apartment I lived in was more than enough.

She said I needed to set my standards higher.

That my landlord gave me the small apartment when I was just a kid and let me bust it up even further without coming to fix stuff like he's supposed to.

I didn't even know he was supposed to stop by and fix stuff.

He just came for rent!

I didn't understand any of this at first, and just felt like she was calling me stupid or something, which I didn't like. I got enough of that from Sasuke.

I yelled at her, and it felt awful. I don't know why I did it now that I'm looking back at it.

Moriko was in tears when she yelled, "Naruto you're not an idiot! I'm not saying that at all! All I'm saying is that your family left you money so you can live a good, prosperous life. Do you think they'd be happy to see how you're living right now? You're a growing boy and that apartment isn't growing with you! You must know that the apartment you love isn't what it used to be. . ."

She was right, as usual.

I was being sentimental towards the place. I apologized for yelling and we started packing up. She let me say my goodbyes to the place last night, as all my stuff, old and newly brought has been moved.

She didn't tell me where, but I'm excited.

"It's bigger, right?" I asked excitedly, bouncing on my tip toes just waiting for the signal to rip the blind fold off.

"It sure is, Naruto." Moriko calls out to me. "Big enough for. . ."

She rips my blind fold off and I finally get to see the place.

It's not an apartment.

It's a HOUSE!

A small, little house, but compared to my place from before it's humongous!