chapter twelve

ONE YEAR AGO

ONE YEAR AGO

September 29th, 2014

" Jane, give me back my flannel ! ", Will storms into my room. I slammed my book shut, speaking in a sing-songy voice " Not until you tell me who you're going on a date with. "

I definitely knew who is date was, I just wanted to hear him say it himself. I couldn't believe he told Max before me.

" I told you, it's classified information. CLASSIFIED ! " He picked a pillow up off the floor, chucking it at me. " Now give me my shit ! "

I threw the pillow back at him, " Tell me who." He crossed his arms, " I can't. " I rolled my eyes out of irritation, " Bullshit ! You told Max. Shocker, I know it's Mike ! I seen you guys making out behind the damn school  ! "   He was staring at me teary eyed, " I'm sorry. I know it's wrong,  since you guys dated, or whatever. I didn't mean to make you mad - "

" What ? Will, I'm not mad at you. ", I reassured, pulling him into a hug. " You're not ? ", He sniffled. " All I want is for you to be happy, Mike aswell. I'm just offend you told Max before me. "

Will wiped his tears away using the sleeve of his shirt, pulling away from the hug, " But, you love Mike. " I let out a breathy chuckle, " I do love Mike, but not in the way couples love each other, it's more in a... platonic way. "

" Oh, so, you're not mad ? "

" No, I'm not mad. Now go finish getting ready before you're late. You're flannels been in the dryer, by the way. "

He let out a laugh, smiling, " Thanks, Jane."

Love feels like a ton of rubber bands are attaching our souls and if we ever start to separate in any way,  the resistance from the rubber bands will pull us back together

Love feels like a ton of rubber bands are attaching our souls and if we ever start to separate in any way,  the resistance from the rubber bands will pull us back together. It's a force that can only be felt, not understood. I know it's rather clichè and I hate it, but it really feels like we're two parts of a whole. It's werid being all gushy, but that's the way I felt for William Bryers, ever since that day on the swings.

" Will, I really like you. ", I said to the boy who laid on my shoulder. We laid in the field of a park, strands of grass tickling at my skin as we watched the stars from above. " I really like you too, Mike. ", He looked up at me with a beaming smile, his eyes twinkling in the rays of the moon.

" The way I feel for you ...it's beautiful, you're beautiful. I don't think I ever felt this way, not with Jane, not with anyone but you. "

Before I could speak anymore I felt a pair of lips brush against mine. It was so soft and delicate, like butterfly wings, just long enough that I could inhale his breath, and feel the warmth of his skin. Will broke away from the kiss, a soft giggle erupted from him throat.

" Woah. ", I said, breathlessly.

Will went to speak, he was cut off by the sound of a gun going off in the distance. From afar you could see a group of people forming into a large crowd.

" Someone call 911 ! "

We jumped to our feet's, jogging over towards the crowd. Pushing away through people, we came across the body. I gagged at the sight of blood oozing out the blond's mouth. My stomach wrenching at the smell of blood.

" It's Billy. ", Will stated, with wide eyes.

Shit.