chapter thirty - two.

ONE YEAR AGO

ONE YEAR AGO

NOVEMBER 17TH, 2014

  I hadn't really figured out my relationship with Max yet, were we dating — or best friends who just kissed when they felt like it ? Was she even ready for a relationship ? Am I just a fling ?

" Jane, thank god you're here. " Speaking of Max. She approached me with a bouquet of flowers in the middle of the coffee shop, I could tell she was uncomfortable — perhaps It was the old couples shooting us dirty looks. She cleared her throat, her face a beet red, " I got you flowers. ", She handed them over.

" I can see that. ", I laughed as one of the flowers fell off the stem. " They did look better but I got caught up — you know, uh, swinging around. Did I mention they were Dahlia's ? Your favorite. " I smiled to myself, letting her continue her ramble, " I was going to get you a coffee on the way to yours but you seemed to ... already be here . ", She finished.

" What are you smiling about ? " I sniffed the flowers before replying, " Nothing. ", I giggled, " I just think you're cute is all. " 

" Ohhh, you think I'm cute ? ", She teased. Now it was my turn to blush, " Shut - " I was pulled out my seat by Max, keeping me away from the large window.

The coffee shop filled with panic customers as a large truck was slammed into the building next door. " Shit. ", Max grumbled," I have to — "

I nodded, understanding, " I know. " She placed a quick peck to my lips, handing me a letter. " Take this, and please stay safe. "

" I need you to stay safe. ", I whispered as she rushed out the door.

" You know, I had a hot date tonight and you just had to come along in ruin it ! ", I said harshly, knocking him off his bat shaped glider

" You know, I had a hot date tonight and you just had to come along in ruin it ! ", I said harshly, knocking him off his bat shaped glider. I razor bat was thrown my way — which was quickly dodged. " Got try harder than that, Green Goblin ! "

' Okay, I could not take him seriously with that name. '

He threw another, though this time I wasn't as lucky, the bat had cut through my shoulder, along with ripping the fabric of my suit.

" Asshole ! ", I shot a web, knocking the third razor into the wall. " Enough of your silly games, what do you want ?! " He laughed as the glider had knocked me off my feet, " You really want to know what I want ? ", He taunted, while a groaned in pain below him.

" I want you to join me. ", and even though I couldn't see his face I knew he was smirking.

' mhm, get a load of this guy ! '

" Alright...I'll join you. " He reached his hand out for mine, " That's more like it. "  I was sure that this guy had to be stupid. With the strength left in me, I threw him over my shoulders, sending him off the rooftop of the building.

He rose back up on his glider, " I was hoping you would make the right choice. ", He chuckled, " I'll be back for you. "

' yea, whatever. '

A/n : short chapter, because I'm really tired ! I was going to add more to this but I'll try to make the next chapter longer.