Chapter 17

//Niragi POV
//

As we get back to my room I gently push y/n inside.
"What was that!" I angrily ask her. Inches away from her face.

She widens her eyes at me and slightly backs away. I didn't mean to scare her.

"What was what?" She quietly asks, avoided eye contact with me, nervously rubbing her hands.
I edge back closer to her and brush my hand down the side of her face and tuck her hair behind her ear.

"The way you was being with Chishiya, the way you spoke to him, the way you touched him..." I felt my jaw clench at the thought. I lifted up y/n chin to make her look in my eyes. "Why would you be like that with him?!" I felt myself getting angrier. Was I not good enough for y/n? I was doing everything I could to keep her safe in this world.
"What makes Chishiya better than me?!" I banged my fist into the wall, making y/n flinch.
I realised I was still scaring her. I didn't know how to control my emotions.

"He's kind, and gentle!" she snapped back at me, tears almost filling her eyes. "He doesn't scare me! I fear what you're capable of!" She backed as far away from me as she could before the wall stopped her going any further. I took a deep breath.

"You know I would never hurt you y/n" I tried to keep my voice calm as I lightly grabbed her arms. I edged back closer her. "I love you" I put my face into her neck and wrapped my arms around her waist.
"I'll try to keep my anger under control, for you" I began kissing her neck softly "I'll do anything for you y/n" I began to kiss her neck harder but she wasn't moving, she wasn't wrapping her arms around me, she wasn't tell me she loved me. I took a step back and looked into her eyes, a single tear fell down her cheek. Was Chishiya winning? Was I really just a big scary monster she didn't want to be around?
I frowned at her as she looked up at me.
"Get in the bed" I ordered her.

"Please Niragi, I don't want to do this" she whispered as another tear rolled down her cheek.

"Just get in the bed y/n" I began pulling her arm as she slowly made her way towards the bed, her body was slightly shaking.
"Lay down" she did as I asked and laid down, squeezing her eyes together as if she was fearing what was coming next. I slowly grabbed the duvet and wrapped it around her. Climbing next to her, me on top of the duvet, with her underneath. I gently wrapped my arm around her stomach and stroked her hair with my other hand.
"I won't force you to do anything you don't want" I whisper in her ear as I play with her hair. If she wants kind and gentle, I can do that. Anything to make her forget about Chishiya.
I feel her body shake less under my arm and her breathing becomes slower as if she actually feels more calm.

"Thank you" she whispers back, as she grabs my hand from around her waist and entwines her fingers in mine, bringing my hand to her mouth, kissing it softly.
I rub my thumb along the back of her hand.
After a while I feel her grip loosen.
I think she's fallen asleep. I snuggle closer to her, kissing her head.

"I love you, y/n" I whisper. As I close my eyes, all I can think about is how lucky I am to have y/n fall asleep in my arms. It might take a while, but I'll make sure I make her happy. I'll make sure she forgets about Chishiya.