Chapter 34

// Y/N POV

//

As I made my way to the bathroom I just stood staring at myself in the mirror. I only had tonight and first thing tomorrow I would be going to a game. I really needed to prepare myself. I knew I couldn't run if I had to. I also didn't want to put Chishiya or Niragi in danger just to help me.

I slightly peeled the bandage from my wound, the skin around it was discoloured, but Ann told me it was getting better.
I slowly pulled the rest of the bandage from my skin and took a sponge and some water to dab it clean. The pain was still horrendous, I was worried it could be getting infected. I quickly put on a fresh bandage and washed the rest of my body at the sink, I didn't want to risk a shower right now.

I made my way back out of the bathroom to see Chishiya and Niragi stood and opposite sides of the room, their arms folded, they shot their heads straight towards me as I opened the door.

"Do you feel okay?" Chishiya asked calmly while Niragi began walking over with his arms stretched out, taking me in to a gentle embrace. He put his hand on my head and pulled me closely so it was on his chest.

"I'm okay, honestly" I responded, trying to pull away from Niragi but he softly pushed back against me, not removing his hand.

"You might be hurting her" Chishiya spoke softly towards Niragi as he began to walk closer to us. Niragi just sighed and loosed his grip. When Chishiya reached us, he gently took one of my hands. "I'll do everything in my power to make sure you're okay tomorrow" he softly smiled at me.

"I'll be right by your side the whole time" Niragi added, almost cutting Chishiya off.

I just nodded towards them both. Part of me didn't want them to come with me. I couldn't risk losing either of them. I know Niragi put me in this situation, but I didn't want to lower myself to his level.

All I could think about is if they were both at the game with me tomorrow, something could happen to all of us if they were constantly bickering and trying to out do eachother trying to protect me. It could make things worse.

I sat on the edge of my bed, with my head in my hands, trying to think of a way I could go without either of them.
Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by Chishiya.

"What's on your mind?" He sat on the bed behind me and began to run his fingers through the back of my hair.

Before I could answer, Niragi sat next to me, placing my hand in his, gripping me tightly. They're still doing it. They're both trying to over shadow eachother for my approval. It's beginning to feel suffocating.

I just rolled my eyes and stood up, making my way over to the table, sitting on one of the chairs. Hoping they would both take the hint.

Unsurprisingly none of them did. They both stood straight up just staring at me, is if waiting for me to speak. I didn't want to speak. I just wanted to rest. I wanted some time alone.

"I need some fresh air" I muttered to myself, picking up a jacket.

They both made their way to each side of me.

"Where do you want to go?" Chishiya said and Niragi began to interrupt him again.

"I'll take you, it gives us some time to be alone" Niragi smiled at me while grabbing my arm.

"I think we both can accompany her, it's not a competition" Chishiya added, grabbing my other arm, more gentle than Niragi did.

"You're right, it's not a competition, so you don't need to come to prove anything" Niragis tone started to slightly change.

"I just want to make sure she's okay if anything happens, she needs to be as well as she can be for the game tomorrow" Chishiya began to match Niragis tone.

"What do you think will happen while she's with me? I'll make sure she's safe" Niragi was now raising his voice, getting visibly irritated with Chishiya.

"I'm not saying she won't be safe, but she still has a wound, what if she starts bleeding? It's not healed yet" Chishiya began to lower his tone, obviously noticing the tears now forming in my eyes. Why can't they both stop arguing for my sake?

"I'm sure I'll manage, Doc" Niragi sneered towards Chishiya, pulling slightly on my arm towards the door, Chishiya still holding my other one.

I could feel myself slightly shaking, they were making me so mad, how can they expect me to feel better if they're both acting like children.

"Just stop! Both of you! I'm not a toy!" I pulled both my arms away from them while walking forward. I spun around to face them. "I'm going for a walk, alone!" I clenched my jaw while they both looked towards me on disbelief. "I just feel so smothered!"
I turned back around and began to open the door.
Before I walked out I heard them both whisper my name. I felt tears filling my eyes more and more, without turning back to face them, I said one last thing;

"Thank you, both of you. But I just need a minute alone to collect my thoughts and take in what has happened the past few days" I slightly turned my head, still not facing either of them. "You both should probably go and I'll meet you at the front at 9 in the morning, please let me have this time alone" I spoke calmly, trying not to give anything away. When really, I was going to make sure I had gone before either of them get there in the morning.