Chapter 27

From: Anonymous client.
To: Mr. Hunt Suarez

Missing Person: Soliesse Adelina de Andrade

Naestatwa ako habang binabasa ang mga detalye at impormasyon na kasunod ng pangalan ko.

SUBJECT'S BACKGROUND

Name: Soliesse Adelina de Andrade
Age: 27
Height: 5'2-5'4
Vital Statistics: 34-24-34

MORE INFORMATION

1. She likes books; libraries must be her go-to place.
2. Emerald green is her favorite color.
3. She's into flowers, white roses to be precise.
4. She can speak Spanish, English and Tagalog.
5. She's fond of animals.
6. She has summer freckles.
7. She has scar on her hand, a birthmark behind her ear, and moles around her neck and shoulders.
8. She can bake and sculpt figures.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
This person has cameraphobia thus I cannot provide a picture of her.

COMPLAINT:
She is a daughter of a relative. When her parents died, she lived with us. We raised her and provided her needs. We helped her as much as we could. Despite all we did for her, she chose to steal money and run away from us. She's currently hiding in El Dorado, we know. We don't want to report this to the police so we reached out to an investigator instead. I want to settle the issue with her in a nice way, she's no longer different to us.

Hindi ko maintindihan ang nararamdaman habang binabasa ang sulat. Naguguluhan ako. Ang dami kong tanong sa isip.

Kanino nanggaling ang sulat? Kilala Mamá ba? Kung sa kanila ay bakit iba ang rason na nakasulat? Paano nila nalaman na narito ako? Umamin ba si Cora? Nahuli kaya sila Yaya Clarida? Malamang ay ganoon nga.

Kung sila Mamá ang may gawa nito at nais nila akong mahanap, bakit kailangan nila magsinungaling? I am not cameraphobic. Wala akong ganoong kalagayan. I wanted to believe that this letter isn't from them but the details are creepy.

How can this person know a lot about me? Kahit ang sukat ng katawan ko, ang mga gusto at mahal ko . . . alam niya.

Ngunit hindi iyon ang higit na nagpabigat sa dibdib ko. It's the fact that this is on Hunt's cabinet.

"W-Was he . . . investigating me the whole time?"

Binasa ng luha ko ang papel. Higit nang mabasa ko kung magkano ang maaari niyang makuha kapag nahanap ako.

"Fifty million."

Bumagsak ako sa sahig at doon inalala ang lahat ng ginawa ng lalaki para sa akin. Ang petsa kung kailan dumating ang sulat ay tugma sa petsa noong gabing sinundo niya ako sa paupahang bahay.

Did he get me back to do this? It was all . . . part of his work?

I gasped for air as I held back my tears. Nalukot na ang papel sa kamay ko ngunit hindi ko iyon magawang bitawan.

Hunt is a detective and I'm here because I'm his subject.

Then what was all he did for me? What about the words he said, the things we did? This relationship? Is this part of his plan to solve the case?