Chapter Eleven

"You tell me," the voice croons and Sidney just stands up turning away from me. I look out the window hoping to see something, anything but I'm just greeted with darkness. "I have no idea," Sidney answers into the phone and I stand going around to her. Giving grabby hands for the phone she just turns away. "Scary night, isn't it? All the murders, the school shutting down, curfews. It's all like a big scary movie," the voice remarks and I stiffen once again. It's exactly the same as when he called me the night my aunt was killed. That means he's already here. "Aha, Randy, you gave yourself away. Are you calling from work? Tatum's on her way over," Sidney taunts but I already know it's not Randy. "Do you like scary movies Sidney? I know Madison does," the voice coos knowing no doubt that I'm listening in to their conversation. 

"I like that thing you're doing with your voice, Randy. It's sexy," Sidney comments and I shake my head as she turns to me. "Oh really? Madison said the same thing when I called her last night," the voice smirks and I freeze up again, but this time Sidney turns to me rigid her eyes bigger than before. "I highly doubt you would have called Madison last night Randy nor had the guts to kill her aunt and cousin the way they were. Now say hi to Tatum for me when she gets there," Sidney says into the phone and with a click I freeze. "Why would you hang up? You're going to make him mad!" I exclaim and Sidney just rolls her eyes. "Please it's just Randy pulling our leg trying to scare us," Sidney dismisses but with the ring of the phone I know my fears have been confirmed. He's come for me again. "If you hang up again, both of you will die just like your mother Sidney," the voice commands.

Sidney's silent and I roll my eyes knowing I was right. "Do you want to die, Sidney? Your mother didn't. I don't think Madison wants to either," the voice taunts and this time I try to forcefully take the phone, but Sidney just pushes me away. "Fuck you! You cretin!" she yells into the phone her voice unhinged and angry. She forcefully presses the end call button and moves to check the locks of the front door. As she finishes them, I see as a figure jumps out of the hall closet. I hear thuds and as I run out into the hall, I see the figure on top of Sidney. "Hey! It's me you want, isn't it? Why don't you come and get me?" I yell at him, and he looks to me long enough for Sidney to kick him and then run toward me. Grabbing my wrist in a constricting tightness she runs us up the stairs and into her bedroom. She rips open her wardrobe and I hear the familiar thuds of the man stalking up the stairs. As the door flies open, I brace for anything but instead hear the thud of wood on wood and open my eyes to see the door caught on the wardrobe.

I see the arm of the killer reaching out but Sidney's already across the room and at her computer punching in the number for the police. I turn back to the door only for the noises to stop. I jump into the sky at a noise behind me and I turn to see Billy at the window. "Billy," I whisper out and Sidney immediately turns to her boyfriend. "Oh Billy... please... God..." Sidney blubbers out walking toward him. "I heard screaming. The door was locked. Are you two, okay?" Billy asks concerned looking from Sidney to me. "He's here. He's trying to kill me..."Sidney says, and Billy just climbs through the window. "You mean us," I mumble out and Sidney turns to me with a scowl. "Bullshit he was going to kill us. You've lived through every killing so obviously the killer has a soft spot for you. So no, he wouldn't be here to kill us, he'd be here for me," Sidney seethes out and I look to her in despair. "Really that's all you think about is favouritism. Fuck you, Sidney Prescott. Fuck you," I hiss back all the rage leaving my voice joining the venomous look in my eyes. 

Walking from the room I go down the stairs and to the front door. As I pull it open, I scream at the sight of the mask only to see that it's Dewey holding the mask. "Oh my God, Dewey!" I yell at him, and he just smiles. "Found this," he remarks confidently as if finding the mask of the killer is a great achievement. "You really know how to give someone a fright," I remark back he just laughs. "So, what happened?" he asks, and I just turn to the stairs. "How about you ask Sidney seeing as she's 'the only one in danger'," I state walking past Dewey a sour expression masking any humour that just took place. I walk down Sidney's driveway and onto the curb sinking down to sit. I feel a presence beside me and look to see Billy. "Shouldn't you be going to console your girlfriend?" I ask weakly and I just feel a warm arm drape over my shoulder. "Yeah, but my friend also matters too," he speaks softly, and I turn to him feeling the gloss on my eyes. "I don't know where to stay. No doubt Sidney's going to Tatum's, and I can't deal with her anymore..." I whisper out looking off into the dark horizon.

"Well, you could always come to my house. I'm sure if I explained to my dad, he'd let you stay," Billy soothes, and I turn to him in surprise. "Really? You'd let me stay?" I ask in disbelief and Billy just smiles to me. "Of course. I mean you need somewhere to stay right?" he mocks, and I roll my eyes. "You sir are something else," I remark, and Billy lets out a laugh that I soon join in. I still don't know how I ended up with this guy as my friend but here we are.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────