Chapter Twenty-Eight

"It's called 'Guess How I'm Gonna Die'!" Billy yells, pulling me back to the suffocating kitchen, turning my head instinctively towards Sidney, who's also looking towards me, a drop of concern swirling in her dark pools she has for eyes. "Fuck you," Sidney speaks her voice venomous and looking to Billy I look as he cocks his eyebrows in surprise clearly not expecting the challenge from her. "We already played that game remember? And you lost..." Billy speaks and I hear as the scowl drops from Sidney's lips. "You have to play, Sid. Don't want to disappoint your dad. He's been waiting around all night," Stu urges a slight stream of energy in his words. "Madison unfortunately won't be playing but it's an easy game Sidney," Billy says his eyes raking down my body and I feel as I freeze under his gaze. "All we do is ask a question Sid and if you get it wrong... BOOKAH! You die," Stu exclaims gleefully his eyes holding a spark I couldn't recognise but one I knew held a darker desire. "And if you get it right, you die," Billy quickly adds and I watch as the smile resting on his face darkens to meet the colour of his eyes. "You're crazy – both of you," Sidney says hiding her head in my neck. "We prefer the term psychotic," Stu replies a killer smile to match the name. A psychopath.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"You'll never get away with this," Sidney whimpered her head revealing itself from Madison's. "Oh yeah? Tell that to Cotton Weary. You wouldn't believe how easy it was to frame him," Billy remarks revelling in the memory from a year ago. How it had led him to this moment. "Yeah, we just watched a few movies, took a few notes. It was fun," Stu glees and Billy smiles darkly. He'd never thought Stu would pull through but in the heat of the moment, he was seeing why he had chosen him. "So, it was fun killing everyone that surrounded me? It was fun tearing my skin from my bones?" Madison speaks a strange and alarming confidence in her voice. Billy's eyes immediately flick to her and immediately he notices the tears falling from her eyes. "No, no, no, Madi. You don't understand," Stu says going forward but Madison bats his hand away. "All the care you two gave me was a lie. You lied to me," Madison says, her voice broken and teary. "You killed my best friend and then killed my family. I know they treated me like shit but death really? 

And what was the reason for skinning me then? If you two cared so much, why did you attack me that night huh?" Madison continues yelling into Stu's face before her gaze flicks towards Billy's. "And don't bullshit me with the whole 'it had to be done Madi'. You tell me why or you treat me like Sidney you don't just side swipe me with this 'care' that you talk about," Madison speaks and Billy quickly swallows remembering the true reason why they did that. "Well, that depends are you going to believe me or call it crap?" he speaks coldly and looking to Madison he sees the almost desperate look in her eyes. "Well Mads to put it simply it was to get back at her," Billy speaks gesturing to Sidney. "She thought we had a soft spot for you; which we do; so, we decided it was time to make her eat her own words. In hindsight maybe that was the wrong decision but every other death was necessary Madison," Billy speaks and he watches as Madison merely nods tears spilling down her cheeks and looking to Sidney, he notices the shocked look on her face and he merely steels his jaw trying to contain his anger. "So, why'd you kill my mother?" Sidney speaks looking directly into Billy's cold eyes her voice a challenge.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Why? Why!? Did you hear that Stu? I think she wants a motive. Hmmm... I don't really believe in motives, Sid. I mean, did Norman Bates have a motive?" Billy rants and Stu took a step toward Madison smiling to mask the hollowness he felt at Madison's words."Nope," he remarks popping the 'p' and once again meeting Madison's tear stricken eyes. "And did they ever really explain why Hannibal Lecter liked to eat people? Don't think so. You see, it's scarier when there's no motive, Sid," Billy continues to rant but Stu lets it slip from his mind. Picking up Madison, he raises her up onto the kitchen bench eyeing her softly. She holds a light frown on her lips her eyes glistening from sadness. He reaches out and rubs the back of his hand against her face softly. "I don't understand..." Sidney sobs choking on tears, but Stu wasn't paying attention. He took a step closer, and Madison whimpered lightly. Stu frowns and instinctively wraps his arms around her, his head falling on top of hers. "We did your mum a favour Sid. The woman was a slut bag whore who flashed her shit all over town like she was Sharon Stone or something," Billy explains, and Stu smiled raising his head from Madison his arms still around her tight. "So, we put her out of her misery. I mean, let's face it, your mum was no Sharon Stone," Stu speaks a laugh rocketing through his system. 

"Is that motive enough for you? Or how about this. Your slut mother was fucking my father and she's the reason my mum moved out and deserted me," Billy speaks harshly, his eyes never wavering. Stu acknowledges Billy's words for a moment remembering vaguely the night he was told all of this and looking to Madison he notices the shocked look in her face he softly cups her chin shutting her open mouth before running his other hand through her hair lightly. "And if you think about it on the off chance, I get caught a motive like that could divide a jury for years. She took my mother, so I took hers. Big sympathy factor. Maternal abandonment causes serious deviant behaviour. It certainly fucked you, me and Madison up. It made you have sex with me; a psychopath, it had me kill off our whole friend group and most of Madison's and it made her want to challenge death's door at every chance she was given. I mean not once did Madison ever try to run from us, she always let us have our way even if we never truly killed her once," Billy speaks and Stu lets a small chuckle escape in his breath a smile growing on his face as he passes a glance towards Madison watching how she eyes Billy in betrayal tears still staining her cheeks.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────