Chapter Thirteen

The day passed by, but it was anything but forgettable. We watched movies all day but of course Stu was being Stu and Billy was well... Billy to say the least. I was all smiles and finally everything that had happened in the past was starting to fade away for me. We were all sitting on the couch watching what must have been our eleventh or twelfth movie I felt my eyes getting heavy. Slowly letting them fall shut my vision started to fade into a black that I couldn't see.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Looking over to Madison Stu smiles softly looking at her sleeping form. "She's asleep," Stu whispers and Billy flicks to look at her. Standing up Billy crosses the room and takes her up into his arms. Sitting down next to Stu, Madison's legs fall limp on his lap. Stu stares at her intently and then looks to Billy. "Are you sure we have to hurt her?" Stu chokes out his words breaking at the thought. "If we don't, Madison will suffer and you know what Sidney can do, the influence she has on Tatum," Billy chokes out sounding almost as broken as Stu." But you don't want to do you?" Stu asks his eyes glossing over. "No, but we have to," Billy chokes out his head falling onto Madison's chest. His thoughts had finally gone weak about hurting her. After the day they had she truly showed him why the three of them clicked.

But if he didn't then Sidney would make her life living hell. "You know where to hurt her, so she'll be fine right?" Stu asks and Billy just nods his emotions stopping him from speaking. Holding onto Madison Billy internally sends his apologies, over and over chanting how he really wishes there was another way and that everything he does will be okay in the end. As Stu watches Billy he already knows how sorry he feels for what he has to do. Stu couldn't even imagine having to do it, so he was sympathetic for Billy being able to endure it. Resting back, he just rubs his partners back softly and as Billy rises, he shifts Madison so she's in Stu's lap and then leaves the room not saying a word. As Billy ascends the stairs his heart continues to drop his happiness fading with Madison's sleep. Entering his room and shutting the door he slinks to the floor the waterfalls lining his cheeks dripping stronger than they had ever in his life. Even when his mom had left him. He knew his plan, but it was his girl.

The one he'd sworn to never harm to be there for them to take when the time was right. Now he had to hurt her so she could keep the last moments with her friends happy. Meanwhile downstairs Stu was also battling his own demons of just letting Madison stay the way she was, and they could just surround her with them then she wouldn't need Sidney or Tatum she would have fun and then they take her away to be the prize they wanted her to be. Of course, eventually Billy returned into the room to see Stu just holding Madison softly as if touching her too hard would make her break. Sitting next to him he rubbed his hand along Madison's hair and the two of them just looked to each other their eyes all blotchy and then it was time for them to put Madison to bed. Of course then Stu left and Billy just laid down the couch letting his eyes fall shut to happier dreams than what was the sad reality they lived in.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

I awoke in Billy's bed once again and realised that I must have fallen asleep before the movie finished. Rising I walk down the stairs and see Billy's sleeping figure on the couch. Walking into the kitchen I begin making a small breakfast for the both of us when I finally hear a yawn. "Morning," I call out and just hear a groan. "You're awake already? What are you a bird?" Billy calls and I laugh. He walks in his hair messy and his eyes tired. "Morning sunshine!" I exclaim and he just rolls his eyes. "Breakfast," I comment sliding a plate over and he eyes it hungrily. "You made me breakfast?" he asks surprised, and I nod. "You let me live here, I'll make you food," I say softly bringing my own plate over. "Well thank you," Billy smiles and I smile back. We eat to small conversation then Billy turns to me. "So, I was thinking. You and I could maybe spend the night at Stu's?" Billy asks me and I smile. 

"Sure, I could do with a change of scenery," I respond, and he smiles. "Perfect. I guess I'll let him know," Billy says standing and leaving the room. I tend to our dishes then walk into the lounge room sinking down into the couch. "Okay it's all set. What do you wanna do in the meantime?" Billy questions and I shrug my shoulders as I turn to face him. Billy walks over standing in front of me and I smile cheekily. We could play in the backyard?" he suggests, and I turn to the door eagerly. "I was never allowed by my aunt. But what do you do?" I ask and Billy's frame stiffens. "How about tag?" he asks relaxing his figure slightly and I nod eager. Walking to the door I open it and run away. "You're it!" I yell out and I just hear a laugh. "I'll get you!" Billy yells back and I turn around to see him right behind me. I keep running but suddenly a pair of arms are around my waist. Laughing I stumble as Billy finally crashes into me.

"No! How are you so fast!" I yell out and he just laughs. "Sports team and height," he mocks, and I just stand stupid. "I'm not that short!" I yell out and he just laughs. "Tell that to Stu," he remarks, and I laugh. "Touché," I reply, and he just smiles. "Well come and get me," he taunts, and I finally begin my chase. We run around the yard for what feels like hours and suddenly we hear a knock. Walking into the house we're greeted with the smiling face of Stu. "Stu, am I short?" I ask him with Billy smiling behind me. "Well, I mean compared to me yes, to other girls maybe?" Stu jokes and I just feel my jaw drop. Billy begins laughing and I just hit him on the arm. "It's not funny!" I exclaim to him, and he just laughs more. "See what you've started?" I tell Stu and he just laughs. "Come on shorty!" he exclaims picking up and throwing me over his shoulder. 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────