Chapter Thirty-Six

"Could I have your attention. My name is Chief Louis Hartley," I hear the chief speak and I sigh softly noticing the recognisable face of Gale Weathers. "Chief Hartley. Hi, Gale Weathers, author of "The Woodsboro Murders". Do you think that the killer could strike again and be the same killers from the last massacre?" Gale's voice speaks and I feel a cold shiver run up my spine at the mention of Billy and Stu. "You know all this talk of it being us makes me think it probably isn't; at least not completely," a familiar voice speaks in my head and looking to the space next to me I'm quick to see the familiar tall male sit beside me on the stone brick wall me and my group had all gathered around. "Still doesn't make me happy," the deeper voice speaks and I let my head turn just slightly more and I see Billy standing right next to Randy a sour look on his face. "Listen we have no evidence that this is Billy Loomis nor Stu Macher. I'd like to see that..." the Chief responds and I let my head fall back towards the stage set up for the press conference. "Are you taking any precautions?" Gale then asks and I just sigh softly turning so my back was to it all. "Oh man this is huge. Sidney, look, it's Gale Weathers," Randy speaks and I just sigh softly watching as Sidney scans the crowd once again a soft what falling from her lips. "Star of the Gale Weathers press conference. Author of the press conference starring Gale Weathers. Soon to be a major motion picture starring Gale Weathers. 

"Be kind, she saved your guys' lives after all," Hallie speaks and I let a scowl fall on my face. "No, she didn't. She left shortly before Billy and Stu revealed herself. She just wrote that for her book so she could look better for the public," I speak harshly watching as Hallie winces softly. "Check the calf implants. I'm gonna get closer," Randy speaks before walking away and that's when I notice some of the sorority girls walking towards us. Cici quickly stands up walking towards her too close mates Lois and Murphy. "Hello girls," Lois speaks scanning over the group. "Oh, hello sister Lois, sister Murphy," Hallie speaks and I notice how Tatum also eyes the girls a light desire residing in her eyes. "Hello pledges, Sidney. Hi Madison!" Murphy speaks in response a kind glint filling her eyes as she comes to sit next to me on the wall. "Hey sister," I speak lightly embracing her before she grasps at my shoulders lightly. "This must be hell for you," Murphy tells me and I merely nod my head. "I manage," I respond softly and she smiles lightly. "To think that this fest is all about you. Not directly, but in some six degrees of Kevin Bacon way," Murphy speaks before she pulls me in for another hug. "So, Sidney, are you coming to our little martini mixer tonight?" Lois asks Sidney and I already see the panic wash over her face. "She's a little unsure but she probably come with me and my group," I speak watching as Lois' smile brightens at the news. 

"Well, that's good, cause Sid, we have our eyes on you. The Delta Lambdas are very sensitive to you and Madison's plight and if you need anything just call. Bye Madison," Lois speaks before shooting me a soft smile. Murphy rises shooting me a quick wave before one of the other girls calls out a quick goodbye to us. "Are you gonna start to dress like that once you get in?" Derek then asks Sidney and I notice the wry smile on her face. "That's not gonna happen," Sidney speaks and I lightly chuckle at the pair. "You never know Sid I mean look at me. Did you expect me to join one two years ago?" I ask the joking tone in my voice clear as Sidney lets out a small laugh. "God the Delta Lambdas are the biggest bunch of fucking..." Mickey speaks taking the seat where Murphy once was and I slap his arm softly. "Hallie and Tatum are pledging Delta Lambda doofus," I speak watching as he faux pain washes over his face. "Oh my God," Sidney suddenly speaks and turning to face in her direction I notice a familiar figure. "Oh my..." I speak immediately rising from my seat. "Who's that?" Derek asks but it quickly fades and I walk towards the figure. "Dewey?! Holy shit!" I exclaim as I close the distance between the two of us watching as recognition flashes through his face. "Oh man Madison, I was worried about you. I heard what happened and I was on the first flight. Do you think you, me and Sid could talk?" Dewey asks and I nod watching as Sidney stands not far away. All three of us were sitting at a gazebo talking softly. 

"Things were going fine until now. But uh, theatre's going great for me; Madison joined a sorority and has made some new friends," Sidney exclaims and I notice the familiar confusion wash over Dewey face. "Wait, you joined a sorority?" he asks me and I smile softly. "Surprise..." I cheer softly flickers of my pledging then commitment flashing by. "I got my first starring role and we open in two days," Sidney softly continues and I grab her hand rubbing it soothingly. "Well, that's great! I'm glad your getting out of your shell Sid and you too Madison even if it wasn't in the way we all expected," Dewey speaks and I just smile. "What can I say I guess I'm trying to stamp my history to the ground not that it helps much now," I speak and all of us slowly grow sour and silent each one of us no doubt having flashes back to that night two years ago. "Uh, I'm seeing someone. He's a nice guy, no apparent psychotic tendencies," Sidney speaks breaking the silence. "I was just worried. Look Sid, Madi, if there is some freaked out psycho trying to follow in Billy Loomis' footsteps if it isn't Billy Loomis himself seeking out that revenge you told me about, you probably already know him, or her, or them. They're probably already in your life," Dewey speaks softly and I merely nod feeling that lingering sense of dread once again. "You think we don't know that, Dewey? What do you expect us to do, crawl under a rock and hide? They're going to find her eventually and when they do, I'll probably be there and how do we explain that to them? They think I'm dead if they're back they're here for blood," I speak and I notice the understanding washing through his eyes. 

"No, I'm gonna talk to Chief Hartey and the local police. I'm gonna make sure the two of you are safe. I'm gonna hang around a bit if that's okay?" Dewey answers and I sigh in relief feeling the tension wash from my shoulders softly. "Yeah, we'd be honoured," Sidney speaks for the two of us. "Alright," Dewey speaks and the two of us both nod before rising and walking back toward our friends. "Hey, are you alright? Who was that guy?" Derek immediately asks. "Nothing to worry about. Just an old friend," I speak and I notice how Tatum looks in the direction before freezing. "Jesus is that my brother?" she asks and instead of getting to answer Randy opens his mouth. "Yep, Deputy Dewey, Woodsboro's finest. What's he doing here?" Randy speaks and Tatum merely scowls. "He's worried about us. Our big surrogate and in one case real big brother," Sidney explains softly and I nod softly in agreeance. "Wow, nothing like a funeral to bring the family together. Next thing we know Billy and Stu are gonna walk past," Randy speaks and while I knew he meant it was a joke I feel a tension grow in my frame. "Not cool Meeks. I'm gonna go say hi," Tatum speaks before walking away. "Chief Hartley said the girl was stabbed seven..." Mickey begins but I hear the slap of skin again skin before hearing the soft voice of Cici. 

"Drop it, Mickey. God did you forget Madison was there or something? She already knows she doesn't need to relive it through your commentary," Cici speaks before grasping my hand giving it a light squeeze trying to pull me out of my own head. "Hello Sidney, Madison," Gale's voice thinks and looking away from Cici I see Gale standing there another figure beside her. "Hi... Gale," Sidney speaks and immediately I break free of Cici's hand and step over to Sidney trying to protect her slightly. "Well, I was hoping I could get a few words from you both with..." Gale speaks but Sidney cuts her off. "Cotton," Sidney almost whispers and taking in the figure besides Gale I immediately recognise Cotton Weary the man on trial for Sidney's mother's murder until Billy and Stu revealed it was them all along. "Hello Sidney," Cotton speaks only shooting a nod in my direction. "Here we are at Windsor College where Sidney Prescott has just been reunited with Cotton Weary for the first time since she wrongfully accused him of murdering her mother," Gale then speaks and I notice the camera recording the whole interaction. "And here's Gale Weathers whom enticed this interview without our permission," I speak into Gale's microphone watching as she gasps at me.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────