Chapter Seven

And then there was the tipping point. She inflicted a matching wound and then poured salt into it. Of all the things she had to do she worsened a healing wound and ruined a fresh one. This was when Billy was planning the deaths of Madison's whole family. No matter who was nice to her. She didn't deserve to live there, let alone continue to be treated that way. 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Madison was home in the kitchen cleaning the plates her family had just used for dinner when the phone ringed. "Hello?"she asked into the speaker questionably and she heard a chuckle. "Hello sweetheart," the voice Madison recognised so well cooed. "Who are you? Why'd you let me live?" she asked quickly keeping her voice a hushed whisper. "You tell me," the voice taunted. "I have no idea," I told him finishing the dishes and leaving the kitchen. "Scary night, isn't it? With the murders and all, it's like right out of a horror movie or something," the voice hummed, and I smirked recognising it slightly or hoping I was recognising slightly. "Aha, Randy, you gave yourself away. Are you calling from work?" I asked him the smile still in my voice. "Do you like scary movies, Madi?" he asks me, and I let my smile falter slightly. "I like that thing you're doing with your voice, Randy. It's sexy," I   I'm right. "What's your favourite scary movie?" he asked,and I stand confused. "Did you already forget I told you at... Casey's remember," I coo into the phone and there's another chuckle. "That's right we did, you said Nightmare on Elm Street, right?" he asks quizzically, and I nod to myself. 

"Yup, but they're still all the same. It's always some stupid killer stalking some big breasted girl--who can't act--who always runs up the stairs when she should be going out the front door. They're ridiculous.I still love them though," I remark, and the man laughs hysterically. "That is very true dollface. Are you alone in the house?" he asks. "That is so unoriginal. You disappoint me Randy," I remark all I hear is the swish of fabric. "Maybe that's because I'm not Randy," the voice echoes and I freeze. "Where are you?" I ask softly knowing I'll get nowhere with the classic "who?" question. "Clever girl, getting right to the point. Your front porch," he purrs, and I freeze. In a panic I run to the front and look out the small window. "Really?" I ask my voice squeaky with fear. "Yes sweetheart. I have some business to deal with here," the man suggests ominously. Walking out onto the porch I look out into the darkness. "Can you see me right now?" I ask softly and again I hear the swishing of leaves and the soft chirps of crickets.

"Uh-huh," the voice replies, and I nod. Stalking inside I sneak into the basement. "Why do you have business here?" I ask himband the phone goes silent. "They hurt something that belongs to me. Something that will only be hurt if it's my accident or if I choose,"the man says. I quickly hide in the darkest corner cradling the phone to my ear. "Are you safe babydoll?" the voice asks me velvety soft, andI hum into the receiver. "Depends... is my bedroom safe enough?" I ask, and I hear the swish of fabric. "That'll be perfect darling. Now hang up and go to sleep for me ok? You have nothing to worry about," the deep voice purrs his voice turning from velvet to the smoothest silk.  Iturn the phone off and quickly grab my blanket. Snuggling up into the corner I feel my eyelids droop shut.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Billy heard the click of the phone and nodded to his partner the both of them snuck in through the door that was open ajar. Shutting it softly behind us we begin to search the rooms finding Madison's cousin Alice, Stu quickly grabs her forcefully covering her mouth while I continued to stalk to the parents' room whose door was also open. Shooting the uncle immediately I grab the aunt and drag her to the kitchen where I already see Stu tying Alice to a chair. "What do you want from us?" Madison's aunt cried fearfully but it wouldn't matter what she said. Words couldn't save her or her daughter now. Tying them both to a chair I watch as Stu takes his time hurting them and then I step forward. I see my weapon of choice. The salt jar. Opening the lid and spooning a good handful I turn to Madison's aunt, and she freezes. "No... please," she whimpered, and I smiled from beneath the mask.

Dropping the salt into the long cut on her arm her screams fill the room, and I can only sigh in satisfaction. Grabbing more I do the same to the aunt's other arm and then the cousins. After the both of them stop screaming and are merely panting."See what you cause on others?" I slip out my voice deep thanks to the modulator. "I only ever did it to someone who deserved it. Why'd you have to kill Casey? She was a kind girl my niece on the other hand..." she began but suddenly Stu was there, and his hand had already struck across her cheek. "How could you say that about your own blood?" he accuses venom hard in his voice. She just stares in bewilderment. "She may be blood, but she is not worth my time. You think I wanted her thrown onto me?" the aunt taunts and this time I'm fast enough to punch her in the nose first. Her nose now had a trickle of blood. "Just kill me why don't you? It won't matter she'll lose everything to Alice anyway," she spits, and I simply smile. "Who says she's living?" I question turning to Alice.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────