Chapter Fifteen

'Please Madi forgive me... I'm so sorry,' he thinks weakly realising he could have prevented all of this, but he didn't. As he looked at her body he noticed how perfectly placed the cuts and stabs were he could at least commemorate Billy for that one. Finally, she was bandaged up and he was allowed to see her again. Entering the small hospital room her body was covered in a soft white, but her face was peaceful. Calling Billy Stu smiles at Madison's sleeping figure. "Yes?" Billy's voice asks cracking at the end. "You can come and see her. She's okay," Stu speaks softly his own voice still fragile. "Really?" Billy asks exasperated followed by a strangled sigh. "Yep. You did good," Stu speaks and just hears as oft sob. "I'll be there in ten," Billy says clicking the call and Stu just stands up leaving the room to meet Billy.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Upon getting to the hospital, Billy continues to think of what Madison looked like. How broken she had looked. Stu leads him through the halls his arm draped over his shoulder lazily and then they finally reach the room. Stu opens the door and Billy steps inside. Eyes trained on the floor he finally looks up to begreeted with a sleeping Madison. He chokes out a gasp and just walks toward her carefully each step feather light. His eyes never leave her face and how peaceful she looks. Her body and arms are wrapped in white, and her face holds a small smile. Billy sits down next to her his eyes glossy at the sight of how calm she looks. Then a soft hum rings through the room. The two boys look to each other then her figure and her lip's part softly. "Thank you..." her voice whispers and both boys' freeze. "Thank you for saving me..." her voice whispers again and both boys just smile broken knowing they saved her from themselves.

The boys stayed across the night falling asleep only to be woken by the sound of the door being thrown open. "Oh my god!" the familiar yell of Tatum exclaims and both boys groan having been woken. "Sorry to disturb. How long have you two been here?" Tatum remarks sarcastic at first and then concerned. "What time is it?" Billy asks his voice rung with sleep. "So, all night," Sidney comments finally looking at Madison. "So, he really does want to kill her too," she whimpers, and Billy just eyes his girlfriend vengefully before returning his sight to Madison his expression softening tenfold. "Now what do you want to say?" Tatum says nudging Sidney lightly. "I shouldn't have said the killers have a soft spot for you Madison, I'm sorry," Sidney says moving forward to embrace Madison's hand. Billy smirks and Stu just smiles to himself. How rewarding it was to hear Sidney admitting she was wrong.

Sidney and Tatum left shortly after, but the two boys stayed hoping Madison would just wake up. She had continued to hum but she had yet to say another word to either of them which slightly worried them but they knew she had no chance of dying. Leaning forward Stu kissed Madison's hand softly. "Come on darling, wake up for us," he whispers into her hand and then he sits back looking to his partner. Billy's face is hollower than it used to be and there was a missing colour from it. Stu was sure he looked the same but right now that didn't faze him because all that was on his mind was making sure that Madison woke up and that she would be okay. More days passed and finally they heard the most blissful sound. "What happened?" Madison's voice asked sore from lack of use. Both boys went rigid then looked to her awake figure. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" she asks again and both boys almost launch themselves at her.

Holding her softly both boys just sob so glad to know she's finally awake. Her wounds had healed the day before, so it was just waiting for her to wake up. Finally letting go Madison looks to the two in confusion. "Ok now I'm really confused," she murmurs and both boys softly chuckle. "Good to see your alive shorty," Stu comments and like a rubber band Madison's eyes fill with remembrance. "Am I okay?" she whispers out and both of them nod. "Made it out without a scratch sweetheart," Billy says pulling a chair closer. "Am I allowed to leave yet?" she whines throwing the sheets away. "Woah slow down, you just woke up. Give your body a chance to catch up with your mind," Billy soothes, and Madison just sits upright softly. "I heard Sidney say something to me but it's kinda fuzzy. What was it?" Madison asks looking between the boys and Stu just smiles to her.

 "She was apologizing for assuming the killer wasn't after your guts," he said trailing off at the end and Madison just nods solemnly. "But how about we forget about that. Did you need anything? Food, water?" Billy asks and Madison nods her head. "Water would be nice," she whispers out and Billy just nods leaving the room. "You look terrible," she remarks, and Stu just laughs. "Could say the same for you Madi," he replies and her jaw drops. "You take that back," she asks, and he shakes his head laughing. "You take it back Stu Macher!" she exclaims leaning forward into him. "Okay didn't realise I was walking back into World War Zombie," Billy remarks giving me the glass of water. "Blame him," she says pointing at Stu before finally sipping from the glass. "What? She started it," Stu whines and Billy chuckles. "You two are children living in teenagers' bodies I swear," Billy jokes and Madison smiles. "Only for you Mister Loomis, only for you," Madison claims and both boys laugh happily. God had they missed Madison.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────