Chapter Forty-Five

Suddenly the door opens and I'm pulled out of my head only to meet the teary eyes of Sidney. "Sid?" I ask my muscles already kicking into gear to walk up to her and wrap her up in my arms. "The killer came down to the other house. It tried to attack me and then got Derek. He got sliced on the arm. Oh God..." Sidney blubbers and I merely pull away to wipe her tears softly. I'll just grab my stuff and we'll go sit with the others alright?" I ask softly and she just nods and I nod in return grabbing my stuff before linking hands with her as we walk back through the ominous white hallways to return to the waiting room, I had grown too familiar with. "How are you both holding up, doing ok?" Mickey asks as we walk into the room rising to give me and Sidney a quick hug and I just nod tears still clinging to my eyes from my previous conversation. 

"Not at all. I knew that this was coming, I knew that this wasn't over," Sidney speaks sitting down to the left of Mickey who was quick to return to his seat after embracing us. "You're not alone Sid," Mickey hushes her softly and I just stand there feeling awkward. "Poor Cici," Sidney whispers shooting me a regretful smile. "Yeah, I know, and having to be there too Madi," Mickey speaks and I just nod. "You know, Derek could've been killed too," Sidney whispers and this time I step in hushing her softly. "Yeah, but he wasn't. However, I think maybe I might have a talk with him about not playing the hero; this is the 90's he shouldn't have gone back in that house. No offense to your boyfriend for wanting to save you Sid," I speak grasping her hands and squeezing them softly. "It's okay Madi and I get it. God why would anyone have gone back in that house. Or even pick up the ominously ringing phone?" Sidney speaks and I just pull her into another hug soothing her softly.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"So that's when I ran back into the house and that's where I met up with the killer. He cut my arm and then ran away," Derek speaks to the cop standing beside his hospital bed. "You're lucky there's no nerve damage, you'll have to take it easy for a couple of days," the doctor on his other side speaks as he finishes wrapping up Derek's arm. "He didn't struggle, nothing, I mean, you're lucky he didn't kill you," the cop speaks in response. "Yeah, it's real convenient for everybody," Dewey speaks under his breath. "Excuse me?" Derek asks and Dewey just looks up in response. "Nothing, it's just a shame that the killer got away so easily," Dewey speaks sadness in his tone. "It's just a shame you got there too late, right after he ran away," Derek speaks and Dewey just nods in response. "Yeah, it is," he speaks.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Later that day, at the Windsor College police station Chief Hartley and Gale Weathers are taking inventory on all the attacks and killing trying to pinprick a pattern. "We've got two victims and one attack. Maureen Evans, Phil Stevens, and Cici Cooper," the Chief explains and Gale just nods looking at candid photos of them on the bulletin board. "Is Cici the girl's real name?" Gale asks. "Uh, no, it's Casey, Casey Cooper," the Chief reiterates and Gale just nods. "As in Casey Becker?" she then asks a small connection linking in her mind. "Pardon me?" the Chief asks. 

"She was a young victim as Woodsboro, as well as her boyfriend Steve Forrest," Gale explains. "As in Phil Stevens," Dewey speaks and Gale turns to him the link securing in her mind. "Maureen Evans, Maureen Prescott, that's Sidney's mother," Gale speaks. "Looks like you got a copycat on your hands Chief? That or Billy and Stu are making a repeat as they're plan didn't win last time" Dewey speaks. "Jesus Christ," the Chief whispers. "What are you doing to protect Sidney and Madison?" Dewey then asks. "Well, I've got my two best men watching them both," the Chief explains.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Do these guys really follow you two around everywhere?" Derek asks and me and Sidney both nod sadly. "Only time they don't is when I go back to the Omega house for the night as we have superior security in which they follow Sid to protect the apartment," I explain watching how Derek looks back to them again. "Yeah, they're basically attached at the hip," Sidney agrees and we both laugh softly. "How am I ever gonna get you alone?" Derek asks and I just roll my eyes look off into the distance noticing a figure with blonde hair conversing with some students. We lock eyes for a moment a soft nod exchanged before I continue talking with Sidney and Derek. "Derek, I'm being serious, this is serious. 

I mean, look at you, you already got hurt, I don't wanna see that happen again," Sidney speaks and I just roll my eyes softly. "I hope you don't get things mixed from the past and start not trusting me," Derek speaks and I can already hear the anxiety in his voice. "Derek, I can assure you as much as Sidney seems to be pushing you away, she really doesn't want you to get hurt. Her sensitive heart just can't take it," I speaks squishing Sidney's shoulders lightly causing her to laugh. "Seriously though, I don't want to see you get hurt," Sidney speaks. "And I don't wanna see you get hurt," Derek speaks and I just roll my eyes before walking away feeling one of the guards trail behind me. "See you later lovebirds!" I call out hearing their light laughter.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Good luck Miss Weathers," Chief Hartley speaks. "Alright, thanks," Gale responds a cheerful smile on her face. "Dewey," the chief then addresses him. "Chief," Dewey responds tipping his hat before exiting the station with Gale. "So, I'm heading down to emissions to do some legwork, you game?" Gale asks Dewey as they walk through the main lobby. "I'm not here to write a book Miss Weathers, I'm here to help Sid and Madison," Dewey speaks in response. "I wanna help them too and help myself. Come on Dewey, smile for me once, please!" Gale speaks and Dewey just turns to her a moment where he would normally shoot a smile gone. "I'll smile when I catch the killer," Dewey speaks opening the exit door and allowing Gale to walk out into the bright sunlight of the campus. 

"Gale, hi. So, what's going on?" Debbie Salt asks and it doesn't take long for the pair to notice the large group of reporters. "What about Billy Loomis and Stu Macher, have they been ruled out as possible suspects?" another reporter asks. "Well, doesn't it seem a bit suspicious to show up again with the same killing pattern and on the anniversary?" Debbie Salt asks and Gale just huffs in annoyance. "I'm not here to do your job Ms. Salt!" she huffs exasperated. "And what about this ex-cop Dewey Riley? It seems a little strange that he showed up," Debbie speaks and another reporter is quick to ask a similar question. "Look, Dewey's a good guy, unlike some of us," Gale speaks. "Well, if the killer is repeating Woodsboro, it may be that the killer is from Woodsboro, that's all," Debbie proposes.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────