Chapter Forty-Four

"I know you're in there Madi," an eerily familiar voice speaks and I feel as my heart rate increases. I rise from my seat slowly walking to the door opening it ajar to meet the eery blue eyes I had been staring at not too long ago however, the blonde hair and piercings scream at me reminding me just how much things have changed. "Hi," Stu speaks softly and I merely look away looking back to Cici before looking back to him going to shut the door until a soft hand grasps the door. "Can we talk? No hostility I promise," Stu's voice speaks and I feel as my heart shatters hearing his voice speak to me again. "I guess," I speak softly walking away from the door letting my hands fall allowing the male to enter. What are you doing Madison? My mind sings softly and I just sit down looking to my hands feeling as Stu merely watches me. "So, I guess we have some things to talk about," Stu speaks trying to awkwardly fill the air. "Yeah," I speak softly finally looking up from my hands to look at him. "So... how have you been?" Stu asks carefully and I just sigh. "It's been going. I made friends with Cici and umm... joined her sorority. But uh... guess that was a bad idea seeing as it led me straight to you two," I speak hearing as he winces softly. "You were there for Sidney, weren't you? If you hadn't of run into me then..." I speak my voice cutting off as flashes of Sidney being found dead cross my eyelids. "Yeah," he speaks awkwardly and I just swallow thickly nodding. 

"So, if you shared a class with Cici how'd you never seen me before? I'd visit that class quite often," I ask softly and I watch as he just nods. "I normally sat at the back and from a distance you always looked like someone else. I used to just assume it was a coincidence that there was also a popular Madison here. As for the most recent class I wasn't there because Billy told us to lay low so if your name got pronounced to the class I wasn't there," Stu explains softly and I just nod. "Me and Cici were friends by the way. Not in a super close like what you and me had way but very similar to me and Tate before we started dating way," Stu then speaks and I watch as his eyes drift over to Cici for a moment. "Is that what I looked like after..." I speak trailing off as my eyes fall back to Cici's resting body. "Yeah, we actually were worried you weren't going to wake when the doctors told us your wounds had healed fully. It gave us quite the scare," Stu speaks a bittersweetness clear in his tone and I can't help but let out a light chuckle at his words. "That's ironic to say now, isn't it?" I ask turning to him with a miniscule smile on my face. "Yeah," he speaks and I notice as he awkwardly looks to his shoes clear regret filling his face. "Would you guys have come back sooner –" I ask only to be cut off. "If we had known? Yeah probably. We do still give a shit about you," Stu speaks sincerity in his words and looking closer I notice the betraying tear stuck in his eyes. "Just say you can't get over us," Stu's ghost speaks while Billy's merely nods. 

"We know we plague you because of those feelings you think are gone Mads. Just admit it to yourself before it eats you from the inside," Billy then speaks my mind whispers and instead of responding to something I felt was wrong I let my eyes fall back to Cici. "Listen, I know you're probably not going to believe this but we do really love you Madi. The past two years have been hell without you. We would barely talk to each other we wanted nothing more than to mindlessly kill. We were going to end it all after we killed Sidney and then we going to fight tooth and nail to find you again. I know you probably think that's just an extension of the obsession you believe we had for you but I'm telling you it's not. Yes, our love is all encompassing and all consuming, overwhelming and over the top but it was never an obsession. And yes, I'll admit we could have done a much better route to get what we wanted but the blood was already on our hands. We killed Maureen and we realised how easy it was to do it and how something inside of us itched to do it again. I guess that's when the dramatic story of creating a family tragedy and surviving with you came about. We really didn't want to hurt you. We only did because of what Sidney said that night Billy snuck inside. I was the attacker at the time, that's why I came over that next day..." Stu speaks and I just nod the vision flashing behind my eyes, "He's here. He's trying to kill me..." Sidney says, and Billy just climbs through the window. 

"You mean us," I mumble out and Sidney turns to me with a scowl. "Bullshit he was going to kill us. You've lived through every killing so obviously the killer has a soft spot for you. So no, he wouldn't be here to kill us, he'd be here for me," Sidney seethes out and I look to her in despair. "Really that's all you think about is favouritism. Fuck you, Sidney Prescott. Fuck you," I hiss back all the rage leaving my voice joining the venomous look in my eyes. "The only reason we didn't mindlessly kill everyone in Windsor was because of what we thought you would think. We knew you hated the killing we could see it in your eyes that night. We knew if we just killed and killed until we got to Prescott then you would just hate us more and more. Back when we thought you were dead of course," Stu continues and I just nod allowing my eyes to meet his again. "So, you really didn't kill those teens at the movie that night?" I ask my voice barely escaping my lips and he just shakes his head. "It's this copycat that attacked Cici. Though we can't pin a pattern to how he's killing..." Stu replies and I just nod looking back to Cici softly. But Cici wasn't her real name... my mind states and I sit upright a knowing look filling my eyes. "Madi?" Stu asks and looking to him I can feel the shock rise up my throat. "I found the pattern," I whisper in shock. "Really?" Stu asks and I just nod. "Cici's real name is Casey..." I mumble and I watch as realisation dawns in his eyes. 

"Maureen Evans and Phil Stevens, Maureen Prescott and Steve Forrest. And now Casey Becker and Casey 'Cici' Cooper. Holy shit! They're recreating Woodsboro," Stu speaks and I just nod my head feeling tears fill my eyes. "That's what they meant by round 2..." I whisper hoping he didn't hear me. "What do you mean round 2?" Stu asks and I curse under my breath. "Listen don't be mad but I went to the Stab premier. I watched Maureen get killed. He left me a note asking if I was ready for Round 2. That's why I thought it was you guys for a little while, and the others weren't exactly helping disprove that idea..." I speak watching as his eyes grow slightly. "Jesus Christ Madi. You had to witness the start again," he speaks and I just nod. "That's why I took Cici to the party. She was meant to stay back to be a driver in case someone called. I can't imagine what would have happened if..." I speak looking back towards Cici. I feel a hand grasp my shoulder and I quickly turn only to see Stu now standing in front of me. "Good thing you've got guardians now, right?" he asks and I just nod my frame stiff from the lack of distance. "I have to go but don't be surprised if Billy stops by to see you, he has to make amends with his demons as much I had to," Stu speaks standing back up to his full height. "Truce until the killers caught?" he offers holding his hand out towards me. I merely shake it saying truce back before he turned my hand placing a light kiss to the back of it. "See you later sweetheart," he speaks with a cheeky wink before walking out the door and disappearing from my view. What have I just committed to?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────