Chapter 11, Breakfast at home

Johnny woke up to someone shaking his shoulder.

He opened his eyes, in fear of it being his father, or worse, his mother. Luckily, it was only Pony. Oh. Now he remembered last night.

"Hey Johnny, first day of school." Pony smiled, to which Johnny thought was odd, as no one he's ever met enjoyed school, then again he's never been to a school that was worth enjoying, maybe this school was different?

"Darry made breakfast." Pony said, as the two got up and walked into the kitchen. They were greeted by Darrel, Steve, Soda and Two-Bit, the usual bunch.

"That's nice of him." Johnny smiled, while yawning.

"Morning kiddo, and Pony." Two-Bit smiled, while high-fiving Steve, the two beginning to laugh. Pony scoffed, while Johnny smiled. The pair walked over and leaned on the counter, as all of the seats were taken. They really had to buy more seats. 

"Pony, go grab me two plates." Darrel said, while trying not to burn the eggs. 

"There's only one plate." Pony replied, while looking through the small cabinet. 

"Then get a plate and a bowl." Darrel replied. 

Eggs in a bowl? That's a first, Johnny thought. He wasn't complaining, since it was a warm meal, he just found it humorous. 

Pony passed him the plate and bowl, then went back to standing beside Johnny.  

"So wanna swing by your house after breakfast? I can lend you some clothes, so we won't need to be there for long." Pony smiled, Johnny couldn't help but smile too, he didn't quite know why. 

"Yeah that's fine, my folks should be out by now anyway." Johnny replied. He was lying through his teeth, his folks hardly have jobs! His dad would be passed out in the living room, the alcohol would still be lingering in his blood system, so he was a no go, and his mum wouldn't be much better, she'd be pacing upstairs having a breakdown while smoking, knowing she made the mistake of marrying  his father and having.. him . 

"Breakfasts ready." Darrel said with a grin, proud that he didn't burn the eggs, he handed the plates to both Johnny and Pony, well passed Johnny a plate and Pony a bowl. 

Johnny took a bite of the eggs, and for once in his sixteen years of living, it tasted like breakfast. Not like last night's dinner, that was also dinner from the night before. This is what he's wanted since he was a kid, actual breakfast, as dumb as it sounds. 

Now all he had to do was get through school... and get his books and bags, and find clothes, but besides all of that, today was going to be a breeze. 

Notes,

Finally, it's posted! Wow this took far too long to write.. 

Anyhow, hope you enjoyed it, sorry its so short, and like always pretend you didn't see any mistakes. 

Hope you have a good day or night.. or different time..?