(un-edit) Chapter 4: The day I accidentally get involved in a case, whoops.

In the Armed Detective Agency, employees were hard at work moving stacks of books and office equipment to one side of the room, bullet holes and broken window, a reminder of the incident.

They had been attacked by the underground prgansiation known ad Port Mafia. Had it not been for the three brave members humiliating them, the place would have been over run and many casualties.

Ranpo held an hour glass with a blue marble inside  he asked an assistant to get it out for him, but didn't specify how.  She placed it down in a wooden board, covered with cloth and smashed the glass into tiny pieces.
Within the centre was a single marble. He withdrew and held it up to the light as if it was a crystal ball deciphering its secrets.

"Say, Kunikida, where is your name?" The orange haired asked.

" She was given the rest of the day off with fellow cafe employees. Apologise couldn't lend a hand." Kunikida said.

"Thats nice." Atsushi said. Lucky she doesn't have to see aftermath.  No idea how she'd react to the mess. He thought.

Little did he know about the cafe attack or that she'd been dealing with small group of them.

Atsushi asked where Osamu was, he should be there.

"Dazai-san wondered off somewhere attempting to committed suicide attempts again. "

Atsushi had been assigned important job of accompanying Ranpo-san to district for a case. It would seem he doesn't know how to use train services.

.
.
.

Hurrying along the footpaths of Yokohoma was a young woman, last name, your name, her ebony hair down and flowing with small strands fied back with a  light green ribbon. She wore a warm (f/c) cardigan with a white, (grey) skirt above knees and nice shoes.

Following what happened earlier. Your boss had decided to close shop and for all to take the rest of the day off.

You weren't about to pass up visiting one of Yokohoma's landmarks and one of friendly coworkers for lunch, unfortunate stroke of lunch you missed the bus and had to travel by foot.  Hurried along the footpath  Not easy to run in a skirt.

Foot caught into a loose coment, tripped and back over the railing, and into the waters below with a splash.

Easily reach the surface and get a gasp of air, aim to kick get to shore only to find something was very, very wrong. I was flailing. Struggling to keep above water.

What was this?

I was a strength swimmer in my last life, easily able to do simple strokes or breast stroke. Sure, pass onto new identity in my new life. Unless... It didn't.

it's a skill that had to be taught and practised. Since reborn, I haven't thought to take swimming lessons. Internal cursed

I carried this call for help, but no one was around for miles. The body became weaker and went under. Fell into deaths of unconsciousness.
.
.
.

Lower river. 

Two males had travelled by train and had arrived at their destination, a river swarming with police detectives blocking off the area and crowd being kept back. Ranpo got through, and Atsushi tried to walk through and was almost held back. The situation explained. The chief tried to shoo them both away. However, considering