S2 Ch. 5. White Whale (un-edit).

Ranpo asked me to accompany him and Yosano to meet one of the Guild members. He had an offer to make. Of Ranpo won, we'd get classified documents on the Guild base. If we lost. We'd be trapped in the novel world forever.

You'd been pulled in with the two been and became Yosano's assistant in a traditional yukuta. I didn't have swords or dagger on my person, nor did Fire Flower work in here, but that was okay.

I'd come from a past life without abilities.

The second I knew everything that would take place within the mystery and who the culprit was.

You wanted to tell Ranpo and Yosano, but if you did. It would defeat the purpose of seeing Ranpo's genius deduction skills at work.

Hence, you decide to play along to the best of your ability.

After another mysterious death and questioning the witnesses.

Unfortunately, when Yosano had been 'killed' in the guest bedroom. You happened to be checking up on her and grabbed from behind. You got stabbed with the same axe, and everything turned black quickly. 

It was a short moment, but it really hurt.
.
.
.

When you came to. You were standing on opposite sides of Ranpo. He'd been able to solve the mystery within the novel.

When asked by the novelist Edgar. Ranpo admitted he'd been the killer from the very start. However, there was a flaw. The real killer bad exited before the first murder took place and appeared only briefly.

The novel world itself was far more complex than first though. It was connected fo a sci-fi future. The mansion itself was a relic of the past preserved within the glass dome. Winter all year round. The other mansion guests wore second hand clothing.

Ranpo won fair and square. He's been given the folder with classified information.

Before we left the room, Ranpo remembered something. Handing the folder to Yosano.

"That reminds me. Edgar, this is my apprentice l/n Y/n. An honorary member of the agency. Y/n. This is my intellectual rival Edgar Allen Poe"

You already knew who he was, he'd been a famous poet and writer. You smiled and shook his hand.

Ranpo looked forward to his next novel.

Timeskip brought to you by Ranpos favourite blue marble

At the agency meeting room, the world's greatest detective and genius Ranpo pushed across a folder to Dazai.

They met the Guild member who'd given them the manilla folder with classified documentation. 

Spread out the papers across the table. They were plans and ablue prints for the floating base over Yokohoma ocean.

The Moby Dick.

You were familiar with the story of young main protagonist met a prophet foretold a future and boards a boat. The captain had plans to hunt down the legendary albino exhale Moby's dick.
Captain obssession with whale drove was downfall and sealed the fate of his crew and himself. Despite challenges, he'd remained true to himself and the prophet. Hand of fortune on his side that day.