Alternative prologue of A Fire Flower. (au)

Warning: mentions of emotional scarring, depression, suicide thoughts, suicide and burning ahead.

🛑

I couldn't do this anymore.

Lifting a heavy object, ripping it over the head, spilling over (h/c) with a flash, the liquid seeping onto every surface of hair, skin, and cloth. Drenching the person.
.
.
.

From the moment the girl left the toxic environment of their old home and into the world. They had worked their way through small jobs to financially support themselves, with support from some school friends and school.

They worked their way up in the world and wrote their novel and submitted it without a second thought. A chance in a million it would be noticed a

No matter what they did. It was never enough.

They had received a genuine contract to publish their first novel, a fire flower, and large success across the country.

It was translated into many languages across the world. A momentous happy moment. They were receiving a lot in sales. They were grateful for all they had and the support of their only friends.

Fan letters were starting to come in. Many in awe of the written world y/n had created. Singing their praises and considering you their role model.

No
One
Could
Hear
Y/n's
Silent
Scream

Yet even with all the success. They felt a deep emptiness inside, a void no one could fill. You had thoughts of suicide.

Bungo stray dogs were solace and comfortable through their teenage hood into adulthood and reason for living.

Y/n had fallen in love with the character, odamu Dazai, an ability user of No Longer Human. You'd watch all three seasons and Dead apple movie. The fourth one was due to be released in a few months' time.

It saddened deep down. Y/n was a living, breathing human being. Successful bit deep down suffered from emotional scars and thoughts of suicide everyday.

Dazai was a character from manga and anime in many manga books and behind the television screen. Inspired by an author who had committed a source suicide with his second wife.

The hard reality, they were worlds apart.

The night before the first official signing of the year. Your will to love diminished to a trickle and snapped. You didn't have much to live for anymore.

Selled most of belongings and donated the rest to charity. There was no need for it anymore.
.

.
.

Y//n used some of the money to buy what they needed from the hardware store and set up everything they needed. One final meal.

With one flick of a match, dripping it down into the liquid below, it sparked and devoured quickly, spreading to her feet.

It felt warm at first.

You could hear bungo stray dogs music from the television in the living room. A small smile on your lips.   

Your skin started burning, searing your very flesh, smell of burning hair and one final scream into the night, and smoke filled the air.

You dropped to the ground.

You were being devoured by the flames alive.

It hurt.

Setting off fire alarms. In the distance sound of emergency vehicles approached your residence.

Your body dropped to t world turned black.
.
.
.

Within your heart was one and only desire. 

And from the ashes would be reborn into a world you'd longed to be a part of and meet your fated desire in a form of a particular brown haired suicide maniac at the river and befriend a weretiger.

Finis

A/N: This is a standalone prologue and isn't cannon to A Fire Flower. This was the second idea that came up later on during a moment of doubt about whether it was fitting that mC's own parents had a hand in y/n's death or change to y/n comitting suicide. The part where they met a God of death would've been the same.

I hope you guys enjoyed this short time and hope you all have a good day.

-Fanficwriter01