Chapter 29: Batshit Crazy and Idiotic

Chloe Whitlock

The keys were in the sun visor, I started the car then put myself in the passenger seat not trusting my ability to stay conscious and alert. Queen Aurelia whips open the car door holding Morgan's body. "He said for you to drive." She says looking at Victoria. "And that there are blood bags in the cooler." I look at the seats behind me finding a small cooler on the floor next to Victoria who hasn't said anything in the last handful of minutes.

Victoria reaches for it, handing me a blood bag and taking one herself as she exited the car to get into the drivers seat. Without a word she drives off aimlessly while I shamelessly tear into the blood bag. A phone began ringing but I didn't know whose. I open the glove box to find a burner flip phone going off. "Answer it." Victoria finally speaks.

"Head down to Whitehorses airport." I hear Kellans voice on the phone once I pick up. "I'm already on my way."

"Kellan?" I question, placing the empty blood bag in the cup holder.

"Whitehorse, Yukon airport put it in the gps." He says but Victoria's already doing it. "I'll see you all there." He promptly hangs up. I look over my shoulder at the small cooler that contains blood bags then at Aurelia with Morgan sprawled across the back row, her head in Aurelia's lap. There's a tiny bittersweet smile tugging at Aurelia's lips as she brushes the hair out of Morgan's face. Not able to interrupt I sit back straight in my seat, while the hunger pains assault my body. I silently endure it, gnawing at my cheek and focusing on anything else to ease it as much as I can.

We met Kellan at the airport getting into a tiny plane to take us to Tennessee where we headed to some safe house Kellan set up. He said that our last time here worked out perfectly because of Henry's incompetence, he wouldn't know. He's right, as much as Henry is supposed to be on high alert, I know he has dedicated the majority of his time to remain in his constant state of intoxication. Same goes for his nobles, I don't know how any of them are still alive.

Morgan woke up a few minutes after takeoff, asking where Grayson was then where the dagger was. I showed her the dagger I have kept tightly in my grasp the whole time. Then when Kellan told her Grayson was back with Lucien she went shifted in her seat to look out the planes window, keeping quiet the rest of the way. Aurelia was curious about her, examining her pretty much the whole time, trying to figure her out.

We finally arrived at the house but I was on guard when I heard a couple of heartbeats inside. Victoria storms into the house without a second thought and I follow her. She stills when she sees Pierce standing up from the couch smiling ear to ear at her presence. A strangled sob chokes out of her as they both run to each other wrapping themselves in each others embrace. "I thought you were dead." She pulls back from him placing her hands on his face looking him over like she's seeing him for the first time.

"I was kind of." He says, looking over at Morgan behind me with both irritation and understanding. "She stabbed me but with a black onyx dagger not obsidian."

I turn to find Morgan standing still and with a blank unreadable expression. "It had to look real, I knew he'd go into my mind to check." She states while Kellan sinks down on one of the couches in the living room, and Aurelia stands quietly in the corner with her hands clasped together.

Scarlett comes bouncing out from the hallway. "Oh it looked real, I was horrified for a bit not gonna lie." She says as she heads into the kitchen tossing away an empty blood bag into the trash.

Victoria looks between Morgan and Pierce and Scarlett, still holding onto him she says, "I'm going to need a full explanation of all of this."

Sterling then comes out from the hallway with Reid and Bash closely behind her. "It's a wild explanation," Reid's voice booms as he claps, "I wasn't sure you guys could pull it off but damn."