Chapter 3

Chapter 3

    Five hours passed, the sun was setting, and the room was dark. The computer screen flashed a faint blue light, and there were many documents crowded and arranged in the taskbar at the bottom.

    Qiao Han moved the mouse, closed the file windows one by one, stood up, and stretched his stiff neck.

    This afternoon, she read the files of many prisoners, except for Long Qianye, everyone else quickly read them. The criminals were accused of various crimes. To sum it up, they murdered, set fire to rob banks, defrauded and blackmailed and played hooligans. The sentence is either indefinite, or 70 or 80 years, and there is basically no possibility of getting out.

    A group of people with no future and no hope locked together, the difficulty of management is not ordinary.

    Difficulty in disciplining the prisoners is not the only problem. In the records of the original owner's brother, the problem of funds has been mentioned many times.

    In the Blue Star Empire, the prison funds are not allocated by the empire, but by commercial operations. Think of a prison as a company where prisoners are free labor. Which company does the father of the funder take a fancy to? Welcome to talk about production and investment.

    Although the Qiao family has served as the warden for generations, it is often other families who invest in prisons. The investor in Falling Star Island Prison is the Wu family, a big family that produces daily necessities, and Wu Yi, the deputy warden, is a member of the Wu family.

    Due to the ravages of sea monsters, supply ships cannot get through, and the cost of transporting materials by plane is high. The Wu family has cut supplies by half, and the prison's water, food and other resources are scarce. If Qiao Han wasn't the warden, he would have to wait for the rain to take a shower.

    No wonder the prisoners in the infirmary look dirty, it's a pity that there are sea monsters, otherwise they could be thrown into the sea for a while.

    The stomach grunted, reminding the host that it was time to eat, and Qiao Han sent a message to Sang Mian.

    About fifteen minutes later, Sang Mian brought dinner.

    The stainless steel dinner plate is divided into four compartments, one serving of white rice, one serving of wilted stir-fried vegetables, one serving of meat dishes with no visible meat, and two slices of apple slices that are about to dry out as after-dinner fruit.

    Seeing Sang Mian swallowing her saliva, Qiao Han guessed that this plate of food, which didn't look like much, was a high standard in a prison that lacked food.

    She picked up the chopsticks and finished the meal seriously, not even a single grain of rice was left. When that weird meat dish was eaten in his mouth, he could vaguely taste a bit of chicken.

    After eating, Sang Mian cleared up the plates and asked Qiao Han, "Director, I've packed up your dormitory, are you going there now?" "No."

    Qiao Han looked at the time, it was half past seven.

    "What are the other wardens doing?" she asked.

    One afternoon passed, Qiao Han only saw Sang Mian and the prison doctor among the prison staff, and none of the others showed up.

    She, the new warden, was clearly unpopular.

    "We have dinner at six o'clock. At this time, some people are on duty and some people are resting."

    "Where's the deputy warden?"

    "I don't know." Sang Mian, who was an assistant on the first day, scratched her head and thought hard. "Vice Chief Wu's assistant has been staying in the assistant's room. Vice Chief Wu should be working like you." "