Chapter 15

Lizzie p.o.v

That night when I got back Annalise was wondering where I was so I told her I was with Carson and of course, she wanted the details but she quickly stopped when I gave her the last few brownies. Over the next couple of days, I did my work out then spent more time with Carson but then I get a call from Colonel Holland telling me that I had a really important solo mission so I have to go away for a while. My mission...to assassinate one of the Prophets.

We received some entail that one of the Covenant's Prophets is on Reach but will be leaving so my mission is to assassinate him before he leaves. Dean transports me just outside the location in the mountains so as to not alert the Covenant, I feel better wearing my armor than I do wearing normal clothes I grab my shotgun and sniper rifle but before leaving Dean says to me...

Dean - good luck, I will be here if you need me.

Lizzie - copy that.

I sent off for the Covenant's Citadel which is a few miles away from my current location, it doesn't take me long to get there and I spot the perfect place to set up, I climb up a cliff that overlooks the Citadel I would use my jetpack but it would be too nosy and they would spot me to easily. I've always been a good climber so it doesn't take me long to get to the ledge, luckily none of the Covenant saw me cause if they did I would have been shot at I set up my sniper rifle to scoop out the area as I lie down in the snow.

I can see the defenses a couple of Wraiths, Ghosts, and Banshees since it looks like it's a new Citadel they are setting up and it's too close to New Alexandria which is to the South so I take out the Prophets command has issued the order to bomb ...

I can see the defenses a couple of Wraiths, Ghosts, and Banshees since it looks like it's a new Citadel they are setting up and it's too close to New Alexandria which is to the South so I take out the Prophets command has issued the order to bomb the place dunno why they didn't do that in the first place but hey as long as I get to kill some Covenant scum I don't care what the mission is.

Prophet

Prophet

I spot the shield generator which isn't online yet so with my silencer, I take out the power supply for it After around 5 minutes of looking I finally find my target he's is heading for his ship as he is being escorted by some Elites with other Covenant around him as he goes past them. There is a couple of Banshees flying around before they fly off toward where Dean is I've got a feeling that they won't last long against him. I watch as the Prophet is making his way onto his ship and I get a clear shot so I take it, my bullet goes right through his skull killing him instantly which causes the Covenant to panic and start to look around to find out where that shot came from, ok time to go but first I call in the airstrike and now I have 3 minutes to get away from the blast range, so I call Dean on my communicator.