Chapter 40: All About Us

[ Meg's dress ^^]

Chapter 40: All About Us

Matt Hendricks

She doesn't know. She doesn't have the slightest idea on what's happening with me.

I'm not healing.

I may never be healed.

I'm dying.

And I'm not joking. And I wish I was, believe me but no. My Leukemia's worsening. And it's worse that Megan has no clue. I'm afraid to tell her because I know it'll break her heart. And I don't want that to happen again. It happened before and it was the saddest thing that has ever happened to me. That memory's not worth repeating.

It's the night before the wedding and I'm at my hotel room. I'm pacing back and forth because I don't know what to do. The persons who know my current condition's just my mom. And she's pretty heartbroken about it.

I decided to sit down when somebody knocked on my door.

Great, talk about rest.

I stood up and opened the door to be greeted by a kiss.

"Meg!" I said between the kiss. "What are you--"

"Shhh," she shushed me and continued to kiss me. Megan moved and locked the door behind her. We continued kissing until we reached the bed when I broke the kiss.

"Megan," I said, panting. "You're not supposed to be here." But Meg planted a sloppy kiss on my lips. She is so hot right now.

"Why not?" She's leaving trails of kisses on my neck. Damn, she's so fast.

"It's the rule. The bride and the groom shouldn't see each other until tomorrow. It's bad luck," I tell her but she's unbuttoning my shirt already.

"Fuck the rules. You're marrying a rule breaker tomorrow and it's going to be hella awesome," I smirk and kissed her deeply while unbuttoning her shorts in the process.

And even when I'm weaker than her, I scoop Megan up and place her on the bed and began planting kisses all over her.

----

She's sleeping beside me, and I felt kind of guilty that I haven't told her what I should have told her a week ago. When I received that letter from my doctor last week, I didn't expect it. But I can't do anything now. It's happening. It has already spread throughout me.

That letter informed me that my cancer had already spread on my lymph nodes, my liver, my spleen. I couldn't take it. I'd be leaving Megan.

This time, I'm the one leaving. And I guess I cannot come back to her life the way she came back to mine earlier this year.

I put the blanket up to her breasts so her scar from her heart transplant will be covered and I stroked her hair. Megan's not my redhead anymore. She's blonde. And it suits her too. She's wearing nothing under this blanket. Damn, she's so hot.

How am I supposed to tell her this? I don't want to ruin anything. I don't want her running away again. Shit, I don't know what to do now.

I kissed her forehead. "You're so beautiful, Meg. I wish I could tell you, but I'm a coward."

"My cancer has spread. I received a letter from the doctor last week, and I found out that it's worsening. I don't want to lose you, Meg," I sighed. "I'm sure I'm going to leave you, love. My day's are counted."

"I'm afraid to tell you. I don't want you to leave like you did last time," I was crying. At least I told her even when she was asleep.

I'm so damn afraid of my tiger, my wild tiger.