Chapter 30: The Unraveling Past

{Quick Note: I’m doing the last chapters in Megan’s POV because I want to keep suspense. But do not fear, I might have at least one chapter in Matt’s POV so yeah, to the story!}

Chapter 30: The Unravelling Past

Megan Dalton

                The salty air, the fantastic white sand and the pool of excited people gather upon the island of Boracay. It’s a very sunny day—hotter than the Californian weather. We rode a tricycle (these exist!) to our hotel, Sea Wind. It’s in station 1 and is also near the grotto.

                “It’s a fine day!” Daniel cheered, putting on his sunglasses. Aki and Gen went to facilitate the rooms and the boys and I just sat down for a bit.

                “Yeah, you ruined my day early in the Philippine morning.” I muttered, reclining on the chair I’m sitting in. the bellboy was getting our luggage, V was sitting next to me, admiring the view, Ethan went and is taking a selfie with Gen, Dan was being Dan, ruining my day (I’m kidding) and Aki was just being the normal ‘responsible’ her.

                “Ouch. That hurt, Ash.” Daniel clutched his chest. I rolled my eyes, “Contain yourself, Preston.”

                “So we’re on last name basis now?” His eyebrows were scrunched together. “Whatever. How does Aquena put up with you, your annoyingness?”

                “Because she loves me? Gosh, how does V even like you?”

                “That is an insult to my feminism!” I objected and Daniel laughed. “You’re cute when you’re mad.”

                “Oi, back off my girl, Daniel.” V wrapped his arms protectively around me, I stuck my tongue out, “See? He loves me and so do I.”

                “Are you saying I don’t love Aki?” He faked an insulted look. “Go fuck yourself, Dalton!”

                “How? I don’t have my own penis.” They looked at me like I have sprouted two more heads. “What the fuck, Ash?” Val looked at me with surprise while Daniel was in hysterics. I smiled triumphantly as Aki made her way to us.

                “Okay, I got our rooms. This is for Ethan and Gen.” She hands them a key card. “For Asher and V.” She hands it to me. “For me and my hysterical boyfriend.” She holds out theirs. Daniel was about to get it but Aki held it. “Nah ah, dearest. You might lose it. I don’t trust you with these material things.” Dan pouted.

                “Why you gotta be so mean.” I sang out and we all laughed.

                “YOU’LL PAY FOR THIS, DALTON!”