Chapter 15: Mending Each Other

•••~~~•••~~~•••~~~•••~~~•••

Chapter 15: Mending Each Other

Megan Dalton

I received a text from Matt telling me to go to the gym. Woah, that's a first today. I don't know what we'll talk about. Maybe we'll talk about... Nevermind. What if he breaks up with me?

I want to be completely honest to Matt. I want to tell him. Tell him that I never really loved him in the first place and then I'll do some explaining but what I am planning is never easy. I don't know what will be the outcome of this. Will he still love me? Will he still care for me? Will he still be there for me? Will he leave me?

I shudder at the thought of the latter. Okay, Meg. You were supposed to just pretend you love him. But it seems like I took it to the next level. I love Matthew Hendricks to infinity and beyond. I reached the entrance in just minutes. I paused and sighed.

"You can do this, Meg. I know you can." I told myself. I decided to enter the gym once and for all. I searched around, looking for a familiar blonde head. And there I spot him, Matt Hendricks, seated on the first bleacher, headphones intact in his ears, his hair the usual messy mop and he's sporting out a gray shirt and acid washed jeans. He looks so hot even though he's not looking my way.

"Matt!" I call out, running to him. Normally, when I call his attention, he'd stare at me smiling but as I can see from his face currently, he's not happy to see me. His lips form into a thin line and he stands up. When I reached hin, I hug him.

"Can you get off me?" He states annoyingly irritated and I obey him. My smile fades. He's not amused. He does not have that precious smile that looks like a smirk on his face.

I'm afraid. I'm afraid of losing the only person I trust now. I'm afraid of losing the guy I love so much. But right now, I've got to face the consequences. If I tell him, I'd lose it and I'd lose him for sure. I hate that.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sitting down at the bleacher where he was previously sitting on.

"It's you, of course!" He spats out, not looking into my eyes. My eyes suddenly are brimming with tears. I bite my lip. I know he already knows. I know why he's like this to me. He knows that I am not faithful to him, that I'm depriving something so confidential. I lied in the first place.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Matt... I just... I can't... Please don't... Please don't leave me like Roy did... I... I love you! There! I-I said it aloud!" I said through tears. Matt looks at me and then sighs.

"Why lie?"

I take his hand, "I just want us to be safe. You safe from... Roy. Matt, please! I'm sorry about us! Please forgive me? We can start all over again!" I plead at him, tears streaming uncontrollably in my face. I don't care. Matt only makes me feel miserable at best.

Matt takes back his hand, "I'm not sure we can, Meg. There is no us... anymore."

The pain. The sweet and inevitable pain of love. I'm losing him. My grasp on his hand is no longer firm. The words he said echoed in my mind.

There is no us.

I thought that if I would ignore everything, I won't be hurt anymore. But unfortunately, I was wrong. If I do that, the pain is extremely inevitable.

I've fallen so hard for Matt that now that I have lost him, I also lost myself. This pain I'm feeling is much worse than what Roy inflicted to me. I was never meant to fall for him. He was never meant to be with me. I was meant to hurt people and that sucks. I'm hurting the people I love.

"Go." I muttered.

"Okay." He stood up and walked.

"I'm afraid." I blurted out suddenly, tears still falling and Matt stops on his tracks., "I'm afraid of getting too attached to anyone because those who I get too close to, leave me. And that includes you, Matt. I'm... I'm scared of the outcome of what I did. I'm scared of you walking out of that door, knowing that a part of me will be gone... Forever." The tears were now falling freely from my eyes and I am preventing the sobs from escaping. Matt is still standing where he was before as if he's glued to the floor. I decided to just run away to my car and go away from this oblivion I'm currently having.

And then I felt someone grab me and puts me into a sweet embrace.

"I'll never leave you, Meg. I love you."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Matt Hendricks

I can't stand seeing her cry. I can't stand seeing her broken. I can't stand seeing her hurt just because of my carelessness of feelings for others. I'm becoming selfish. I am not okay. I feel like I did something wrong.

I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I heard. I'm scared of what I just did. I'm scared that the cold Meg will be back. I'm scared of who I am now and most of all, I'm scared of walking out of that door an never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with her.

I cradle her in my arms as we just sit in the bleachers. She's still crying-- but not as hard as when she started sobbing. Meg. I managed to break her. I vowed to myself that I'd take care of her but... I failed myself. I broke her. I broke her. I cannot imagine myself doing this. I... I love her too much to let her go.

And now I just realized how stupid I was to give up our relationship which started out as fake and ended up like this. And somehow she was unfaithful to me.

We all have our flaws. We all have our indifferences. But these flaws we have, makes us special.

Yes, Megan is irrelevant, may be unfaithful, rude, arrogant, sarcastic and defensive but all these make her special. Like, she would not be Megan Asher Dalton without these qualities.

I love the sound of her voice. I love how her smile makes her even more beautiful. I love her eyes when they're twinkling like the stars. I love her ever enthusiastic laugh. I love everything about her.

Nobody's perfect and I accept that fact. Megan is not your average girl but hell, I love her to death.

A moment later, Meg fell asleep in my arms. I hum to her a song I know, I'll Be by Brian McCain.

"Meggy." I whisper in her ear, "Let's go home."

Her eyes flutter open, revealing her bluish-green eyes. She smiles at me.

When we get to the car park, we stop in front of her car and she said to me, "Thank you, Matt."

"For what?" I smile.

"For everything." She says and to my surprise, she places her lips on mine. We kissed. She tastes like vanilla. And now, I am proud to say that I love Megan Dalton.

And I'm also proud to say that she loves me back.

We mend each other.

•••~~~•••~~~•••~~~•••~~~•••

A/N:

Isn't it amazing? Isn't it surprising? IS IT?

THANK YOU FOR THE 300+ reads! Thank you so so so much!

Have a great week guys!

xoxo,

pami :)