Chapter 20. Catastrophe Part 3

Christopher's P.O.V

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. We had a national holiday. I was busy with work as well. I hope you guys will enjoy this installment. Stay safe, everyone, and enjoy reading.

It had been two weeks since Evander got attacked. I had already discovered who was behind the heinous attack. I had nothing to do with Maxim's biological father, so I left things up to Evander. Evander's men were monitoring the dominant alpha. I was busy but still fulfilled my duties as a son-in-law. I didn't want to give my in-laws a reason to complain. Everything was going well for the time being. It seemed like my father-in-law didn't like Aiden. He had probably already noticed how greedy the guy was. My father contacted me only once regarding Evander's health. He sent Evander a fruit basket and a get-well-soon card. I knew that he wouldn't visit the guy.

Aiden was never around when I visited Evander. I never got a chance to ask Van why the guy avoided me. I was in a meeting when Evander called me. The man greeted me, then asked, "Can you help me bathe, Chris? I don't know where Aiden went." I wrapped up the meeting and went straight to the hospital. My father-in-law was doing some activities with Maxim in the family room. Maxim greeted me, then went back to coloring. Evander was going through some files when I walked into the room.

I took off my jacket, then asked Van, "Where is your precious admirer, Van?" Evander put the files away, then replied, "I think you misunderstood something, Chris. I'm not interested in Aiden. I have my eyes set on someone else. Oh, and my father just told me that Aiden accompanied my mom to her physician. It's time for her regular check-up. I hope everything goes well. She has had trouble sleeping lately. She also complained about back pain." Evander slid off the bed, then began undressing. I frowned and asked, "Do I know this person, Van?" Van chuckled and replied, "Yes, you do, Chris. I'm waiting till I've recovered completely to confess to him. I can't have him thinking I'm crazy or under the influence of something." I wondered if Evander was talking about me. I sighed and grabbed a fresh towel. Evander followed me diligently to the bathroom. He sat on a stool and said, "I have been feeling sticky all day. Thank you for coming to my rescue." I grabbed a sponge and yelled, "Aiden should have helped you freshen up before leaving, Van. How could he be so careless?"

Van turned to face me, then said, "I have to tell you something, Chris. I hired Aiden because I wanted to lessen your burdens. I knew how hard you would work to please everyone while I was out. I didn't want you to get sick because of me. You are the only one I can trust with my businesses and family. I need you to be in good shape to handle my work. But looking at you, I think I have failed because you look pale. I'm sorry for getting Aiden involved without asking you first, Chris. I had seen Aiden help patients multiple times. I thought he would be a great help to the family. I have asked him to leave us alone while you are here. You can fire him if he bothers you again. We can find someone else to take care of Maxim."

I sighed, then stated, "I'm not that petty, Van. Aiden can stay for the time being. I wonder how far he will go to make you his." Evander grabbed my arm, then uttered, "Stop it, Chris. He won't get any attention from me, that's for sure." I suddenly noticed that Evander was hard. I grabbed Van's member, then uttered, "I can give you a handjob if you want." Evander groaned while looking into my eyes. He grasped my hand and replied, "I would rather not do dirty things in a hospital's bathroom." I smirked, then whispered, "Coward" in Evander's ear. Van pulled me down and said, "If you are so eager to have a taste, then I would rather have a blowjob."

I turned off the water, then cupped Evander's face. I kissed the man passionately and asked, "Do you like me, Van?" Evander looked in a daze at me. I kissed Evander's forehead and said, "It's okay. You can tell me the truth. I can handle it." Evander smiled and declared, "It's not the right time to convey my feelings, Chris." I sighed, then uttered, "I have changed my mind. Why don't you help yourself? I have a virtual meeting in a few minutes." Evander gasped and yelled, "You can't leave me hanging like this, Chris! Come back!"