Chapter 37. Epilogue

Evander's P.O.V

Three years later.

I was on my way back from a long business trip. It took me a month to sort things out at our new establishment. I had talked to my parents, Chris, and the kids regularly, but it felt like it was not enough. I wanted to see them as soon as possible. Syl asked me when we landed, "Would you like to stop anywhere before heading home, sir?" I shook my head and answered, "No, my family is waiting for me." The empire had grown throughout the years.

The last thing I heard about Ceasar and his parents was that they had set up a chain of bakeries in another country. It seemed like Keanu's parents took pity on them. I was about to doze off when my phone rang. Micaela's giggles blasted through the phone. I smiled when Chris said, "Shh, quiet, sweetheart. I'm trying to talk to your dad." I chuckled and asked, "Is our little one giving you trouble again, darling?" Chris sighed and replied, "You know how boisterous she is. Where are you now?"

I looked out the window and replied, "I'll be home in half an hour. Do you need something?" Chris sighed and stated, "No. The boys have fallen asleep by the door while waiting for you. Be careful when you walk in. I didn't want to disappoint them, so I left them there." I gazed at my wedding ring and replied, "Okay, I'll keep it in mind when I arrive."

Chris and I had bought gold diamond wedding bands together. We renewed our wedding vows when we purchased them. My wedding ring meant a lot to me. It comforted me whenever I missed my family. Chris sent me a picture of the boys after a while. I chuckled while looking at Maxim. He was still in his school clothes. Syl had been staring at me. She smiled and stated, "You have changed so much, sir. I can still remember the days when people called you Mr. heartthrob and playboy. I'm glad you are happy, sir." Syl had worked for me for years. She used to clean up my mess.

I caressed my wedding ring and said, "Love changes people, Syl. I can't imagine living without Chris. I love him so much that it hurts. You will understand once you meet the right one." Syl looked at me in astonishment. We had arrived at the mansion. I exited the car and said, "Take the week off. You have worked hard." Syl nodded and uttered, "See you soon, sir." The guards greeted me and unloaded my luggage. I carefully opened the door. Maxim sensed me first. He opened his eyes and yelled, "Daddy!"

Achilles was startled. He rubbed his eyes and asked, "What happened?" Maxim cupped his little brother's face and uttered, "Look, silly. Daddy's home." Achilles squealed and ran to me. I scooped up the little boy and said, "I missed you too, my little Achilles." Maxim had been waiting patiently. I lifted him with one arm and kissed his cheek. Maxim giggled and stated, "I'm not a little kid anymore, Daddy." I kissed Maxim's forehead and replied, "But you are still cute, Maxim."

My heart melted when I saw Chris. He put Micaela down and said, "Welcome home, darling." Our youngest child had just turned two. She struggled to reach me. I put the boys down and picked up Micaela. The little girl squealed with delight when I kissed her head. I hugged the kids and uttered, "It's now time for your Papa." The kids squealed when I kissed their father. Chris kissed me back and said, "I couldn't wait to hug you, Evander. The nights were lonely without you." I was about to kiss Chris when the kids attacked me. I greeted my parents and then played with the kids. We went straight to our room after dinner. Chris still had things to sort out. I took a shower and went to check on the kids.

Chris was on the balcony when I returned to the room. I hugged my mate from behind and asked, "Aren't you tired, Chris?" Chris turned to face me and said, "I cherish every moment with you, Van. So even if I'm sleepy, I won't go to bed without you tonight." I grabbed Chris's hand and stated, "I know. Come inside. I have a surprise for you." I pushed Chris on the one-seat sofa and sat on the floor. Chris smiled and asked, "What are you up to, Van?" I massaged Chris's feet and replied, You will see in a moment."

Chris leaned back into the chair and hummed. I took a gold men's ankle bracelet from my pocket and placed it around Chris's left foot. Chris looked in surprise at me. I kissed Chris's foot and asked, "Do you like it? I designed it myself." Chris got emotional. He slid down the sofa and hugged me tightly. I smiled when Chris said, "It's beautiful, sweetheart. The initials look magnificent on the band. I kissed Chris passionately. Chris leaned his head against my shoulder and closed his eyes. I stroked Chris's head and said, "I'm glad you like it."

Chris kissed my cheek and uttered, "Let's have a drink." We drank till midnight. Chris fell asleep in my arms. I carried him to the bed and tucked him in. Chris put his head on my chest when I climbed into bed. I chucked when Chris said, "I'm sorry, Van. You were probably looking forward to something else." I kissed Chris's head and replied, "Don't worry, darling. I like cuddling with you." I fell asleep while playing with Chris's hair. We had reached our goals. Our lives wouldn't be as hectic as before anymore. I was looking forward to our peaceful days.

Ten years later.

Chris's P.O.V

Evander and I had managed to gather the remaining dragon descendants. The kids were doing exceptionally well at school. Achilles and Micaela adored their big brother. Maxim loved playing the piano. We hired professionals to teach him. Maxim had managed to win many competitions. Our eldest child looked more like an alpha than an omega. Evander and I were still going strong. He pampered me with flowers and gifts every week. I laughed while thinking about my mate.

It was Evander's parent's wedding anniversary. We had organized a party for them. The guests had already started to arrive. I was just about to gather the kids when Maxim approached me. He grinned and stated, "Guess what happened, Papa." I fixed Maxim's hair and said, "You look gorgeous, sweetheart. Now, tell me why you are so excited." My heart skipped when Maxim said, "I met Kayden online a few minutes ago." I composed myself and asked, "What do you mean by online? Weren't you chatting with your classmates just now?" Maxim chuckled and replied, "Yeah. I was. Do you remember Brian Crest?" I nodded and said, "Yes. His father works at the empire's headquarters."

Maxim clapped his hands and yelled, "That's right. I've been using a picture of the drawing Kayden gave me as my profile pic. I never knew that it would lead me to meet Kayden one day. Kayden is Brian's neighbor. Can you believe that? He was at Brian's house and recognized the picture. He wants to meet me, Papa. Can I invite him over to our house next weekend?" "And here we thought he had forgotten about Kayden," I mumbled.

I kissed Maxim's forehead and said, "Yes, of course. I'm happy for you, Maxim." Evander had been quietly observing us. He uttered after Maxim left, "It seems like Kayden's father finally decided to leave his hole." I sighed and stated, "Let's see how things turn out." I patted Evander's back when he declared, "I will wring that little dragon's neck if he hurts our child." The party lasted all night. The kids enjoyed themselves.

It was soon time to welcome Kayden to our home. Maxim couldn't wait for the boy to arrive. I was surprised to hear that Kayden's parents would be joining him. Maxim ran down the stairs when one of the guards announced the arrival of our guests. The boy opened the front door and said, "Welcome to our home, ma'am, sir." Evander growled when Kayden pulled Maxim into his arms. I smiled and said, "It's okay. They are still young." Evander sighed and stated, "I can't believe they are mates." We let the boys enjoy each other's company.

Kayden's father explained to us why he went into hiding. Evander and I acted like we didn't know anything. He accepted to join our cause. I made Kayden's father the vice president of our organization. Things went smoothly after that. Life was good. I enjoyed it immensely with my family. 

Hi guys, this story has come to an end. I'm would gladly post another installment if you guys have questions. Thank you for supporting me through sickness and health. I wish you guys all the luck and happiness in the world for 2024. I have uploaded another story. Please give it some love. Stay safe, and see you in the next story, everyone.