Chapter 12. A loving family?

Christopher's P.O.V

I was dreading going home. My father didn't even tell me what he wanted to discuss with me. My parent's house felt like a prison. I avoided it whenever I could. I spent most nights at my apartment before I got married. I called Maxim before leaving work. The little boy cried when he heard I wasn't returning home that night. I calmed him down by saying I would be home in the morning to make him breakfast. My father was in his study when I arrived. My mother called out to me from the kitchen. She was busy making chicken soup.

I greeted my mother, then went to look for my grandparents. The couple was in the garden. I sighed when I saw the empire's financial reports in my grandfather's hands. I knew that he would comment about something. My grandmother was busy knitting a scarf next to him. My grandfather looked up and said, "The corporation made a big profit this month. That's good. We can invest it in a new business." I sighed, then declared, "I already have too much work on my hands, grandfather." My grandmother smiled and said, "I can see you are tired, Christopher. Go shower. I'll call you when the food is ready."

I kissed my grandmother's cheek, then went to my room. I relaxed for a bit, then took a shower. I frowned when I heard Keanu's voice. I got a whiff of his scent when he walked past my room. I clutched my hair when I realized Keanu was pregnant. "Is this what my father wanted to tell me?" I asked myself. A maid knocked on my door and said, "Dinner is ready, sir. Everyone's already at the dinner table."

I knew what was coming. Ceasar and Keanu were too young to handle a pregnancy. My father would force me to organize everything for them. Everyone was busy chatting when I walked into the dining room. My father poured himself a drink and uttered, "I'm glad to have the whole family at the table tonight." My mother grabbed Keanu's hand and said, "Me too, hun. Keanu has something to share with us today."

It seemed like my grandparents hadn't heard the news yet. Ceasar kissed Keanu's temple, then stated, "Go ahead, love. Don't keep them waiting." I sighed and grabbed a drink. My grandmother gasped when Keanu declared, "I'm pregnant. We are expecting the baby in September. Isn't that great?" My grandparents got up to congratulate the happy couple. I gazed at my father and asked, "Ceasar is going to be a father soon. Don't you think it's about time he joined the business, dad?"

My father huffed, then yelled, "Can't you be happy for them, Christopher?" I glared at my father and said, "I still remember the speech you and mom gave them when they started dating. You asked them to concentrate on their studies and not to get pregnant yet. They have been skipping school to do God knows what. Keanu and Ceasar have broken all the rules you had set for them. I'm sorry, dad, but you need to talk to the two. I have a family now. I can't handle their affairs anymore. Ceasar ought to take responsibility for his actions."

I got startled when Keanu threw his drink at me. The ice hit my left eye. I could feel the pain. I would have slapped Keanu if my mother hadn't held me back. I grabbed a few napkins, then said, "Wow. Now I have seen everything. Even the family's omega now thinks that he can abuse me." I was glad that the incident had occurred. I had been looking for a way to go home. My father growled, then yelled, "Apologize to Christopher, Keanu!" Keanu began crying like a baby. He hugged Ceasar and uttered, "Chris ruined the moment, Ceasar. I was looking forward to sharing the news with everyone." I laughed and stated, "You must be happy with a manipulative mate like him, Ceasar."

Ceasar slammed his fist on the table and yelled, "Stop it! Can't you see he's upset?" I looked at my father and stated, "I have had enough, dad. I'm leaving. We can discuss things another day." My grandfather glared at me, then declared, "No one's leaving tonight. We should settle this matter before it escalates. I don't want to hear that you guys aren't talking to each other later." My mother rubbed her face in frustration, then uttered, "You just said you have a family now, Chris. Be honest. Are you in love with Evander?" I grinned and replied, "I like Evander, mom. He makes me feel loved and appreciated." My mother gasped and said, "Please, don't, Chris. Evander doesn't deserve someone like you. He will break your heart if you mate with him."