Chapter 7. A despicable man

Christopher's P.O.V

I was having a bad day. My grandfather kept bugging me to attend a movie premiere in my brother's stead. The guy knew his duties but still left the country. I wondered when my family would acknowledge Ceasar's mistakes. It's like Ceasar was born to make my life difficult. The organizers had requested to bring your partner. I refused to travel to another state for a movie. I sighed when my grandfather walked into my office unannounced.

I asked my grandfather without paying any attention to him, "How can I help you, grandfather? If you are here to talk about the event, then sorry. I don't feel like begging Evander to accompany me to an event he doesn't care about." My grandfather huffed and said, "Why don't you talk to him first? Attending the party will be beneficial to him too." I scowled and asked, "Why didn't you stop Ceasar when he was leaving with his mate? He knew about the movie premiere. They sent us the invite in May."

I clenched my fists when my grandfather uttered, "Ceasar needs to spend time with his mate, Chris. You know how sensitive Keanu is. It was his idea to travel. He would get angry if Ceasar declined his offer." I leaned back in my chair, then gazed at my grandfather. The man had gotten old and wrinkly but still acted like a fool. I sighed and asked my grandfather, "Are you sure you want Ceasar to run the empire, grandfather? It's hard to trust someone who doesn't know where his priorities lie."

My grandfather growled and yelled, "You know why we can't entrust the empire to you, Chris! You are submissive. We can't let your other half use you to get his hands on our hard-earned money." I laughed and stated, "Like Keanu isn't a money-hungry mongrel. I'm more like my great-grandfather than you think, grandfather. I will guard the empire with my life." My grandfather grabbed my collar and asked, "How could you say that about your brother-in-law? Keanu has been nothing but kind to you." I grabbed my grandfather's hands and stated, "Please, leave my office, grandfather. You know how hard I work to keep this damn empire afloat. And talk to Evander yourself. I don't want him to belittle me for petty things."

My grandfather walked out of my office in anger. I sighed while looking at the stack of files on my desk. I should have left the family years ago. I was stupid to think I wouldn't survive on my own. I loved my family too much to abandon them. I thought things would change throughout the years, but I was wrong. Someone once told me that my positive thinking would be my downfall. It was evident that I would lose my mind soon.

I set up six businesses of my own. They were all successful. I had hired reliable people to run them in my stead. My family wouldn't be happy if they discovered my secret. I was sure that they would accuse me of stealing from them. I had taken measures to prevent that from happening. I was tired at the end of the day. I decided to go home early. I bumped into someone while walking into the house. The person walked past me like nothing had happened while I knew he was hurt. The guy suddenly stopped and uttered, "I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." I turned around to face the omega when I got a whiff of his scent.

A beautiful man with blond hair, green eyes, and red lips was standing behind me. The guy looked like a porcelain doll. The high-end clothing brands he was wearing gave away his status. I had seen the guy before but couldn't figure out where. The omega smirked, then walked away. He was probably proud of his appearance. I suddenly remembered that I had seen the guy on a billboard. The guy's name was Luca Quint. He was a game developer and a model. I was too tired to think about what he was doing at Evander's house.

I went to my room and took a shower. I hadn't eaten anything since that morning. I decided to look for food in the kitchen. Lenna was busy preparing rice porridge. The thing smelled heavenly. Lenna got startled when I greeted her. She smiled and uttered, "Welcome home, Chris. Can I help you with something?" I could see that Lenna was struggling with something. I stroked the woman's back, then stated, "I'm hungry. Can you ask someone to fix me a sandwich?" Lenna washed her hands, then replied, "Sure, but dinner will be ready soon. Don't miss it."

I nodded and declared, "I'll be in the piano room. Please, call me when it's dinnertime." I walked into the piano room and took a seat. I pondered about the work I still had to finish while gazing out of the window. I received a text from a friend of mine. He had sent me the piano sheets of Dandelion. He begged me to record the song for his wife. It would be their anniversary soon. My hands started itching to play the tune. I printed out the piano sheets and began playing the song.

I got so engrossed in perfecting the tune that I forgot I was hungry. My fatigue was gone, and I felt happy. I smiled while playing the song for the last time. I got the shock of my life when I felt tiny hands on my left leg. Someone was trying to climb onto my lap. I stood up in a hurry when I saw a half-naked child. The little boy slipped to the floor. I quickly tried to catch him when I realized what I had done, but it was too late. The child hit his head on the floor. The little boy screamed in pain and began crying. I picked him up, then tried to soothe him.

I ran to the kitchen to grab a bag of ice. Lenna gasped when she saw the toddler. She asked me, "What happened?" and tried to take the child out of my arms. The little boy clutched my shirt and yelled, "No, grandma!" I looked in shock at the boy and his grandmother. The toddler was an omega. He had red spots all over his body and looked delicate. Luca Quint's face suddenly popped into my mind. I could see the resemblance between Luca and the child. I was about to hand the child to Lenna when I heard Evander say, "What the hell is going on here?"

The little omega grabbed his head and screamed, "Daddy! My head hurts!" I lost my will to move. I couldn't believe the King family had hidden such a significant matter from us. I gasped when Evander grabbed my neck and yelled, "How dare you hurt my child?" I started coughing when Evander showered me with his pheromones. I almost let the boy slip out of my arms. Lenna quickly grabbed the child, then uttered, "It's okay, Maxim. Grandma will make the pain go away." Evander pushed me to the floor and went to console his child. I stroked my neck and uttered with difficulty, "Check the security footage of the piano room."

Evander's pheromones triggered my rut. I ran out of the kitchen before someone noticed it. I took my suppressants and tried to calm myself down. The scent was still in the air, and I was getting hornier by the minute. I needed to have sex. I called my assistant and said, "I'm in a rut. Find me an omega for the night. You can pick me up in half an hour. I want to get over this as quickly as possible." I paced back and forth in my room. My assistant called me when he arrived. Everyone was still tending to the omega boy. I left the house without notifying anyone.

I met Luca Quint in the corridor. I ignored him and walked out of the house. My driver drove me straight to the hotel. I grabbed the key from the lobby, then went to the room. My assistant had already made arrangements with the omega. I didn't even look at the guy's face. I took off my clothes, then threw the omega on the bed. I lost my mind when the guy moaned.

I hammered into the guy till early the morning. I took a shower and left the room at seven a.m. I didn't feel like going to my parent's house. I went back to Evander's house to change my clothes. I heard someone moan with pleasure when I walked past Evander's room. My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I heard Evander say, "Why did you leave me, Luca? We make such a good pair." Luca kept screaming in ecstasy. It seemed like I was going to have another awful day. I was surprised to see the little omega on my bed. I wanted to stay as far away as possible from the child. So I didn't disturb him. I packed my bags and left the house. I was going to stay at my secret base till I figured out how to handle things.

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you all enjoyed the installment. There is more coming your way, so stay tuned. Stay safe, everyone, and until soon.