Chapter 11. Evander's true intentions Part 2

Evander's P.O.V

Hi guys. Happy new year. I hope all of your dreams come true in 2023. Stay safe and until soon.

I was looking forward to the corporate event. There were a lot of rumors going around about new capitalists. I made sure to finish work on time. So I could go home early. My mother was playing with Maxim in his activity room when I arrived. Maxim was surprised to see me. He yelled, "Daddy!" and ran towards me. I scooped up the boy, then threw him in the air. Maxim giggled like a maniac. The little boy was too cute for words, I tell you. I caught Maxim and hugged him tightly. My aunt once asked me how I could love someone else's child so dearly. She was a dominant alpha as well. I said to her that Maxim had never asked to be born. The boy was innocent and deserved all the love in the world.

Chris walked into the house while I was having a snack with Maxim. He greeted us, then stated, "It's almost seven, Van. You better get ready before we are late for the party." I stood up and walked up the stairs. I turned around to check on Maxim when he squealed. I shook my head when I saw him standing with a bag of snacks. Chris kissed Maxim's cheek and stated, "Don't ruin your appetite, alright." Maxim examined the snacks, then replied, "I'll give them to grandma. We can eat them together with grandpa later." Chris stroked Maxim's head and said, "You are such a good boy, Maxim." The little boy grinned, then ran towards the kitchen. I quickly walked up the stairs before Chris noticed me. Maxim was playing with a truck on my bed when I walked out of the shower. I let the boy enjoy himself.

Chris knocked on my door when I was styling my hair. He smiled and asked, "Can I come in?" I gazed in the mirror and replied, "Of course." Chris was holding a large velvet box in his hands. He blew a kiss at Maxim, then asked, "Can you help me promote this suit accessory, Van? It's a golden couple's brooch with a chain tassel. It's like the one I'm wearing. I'm sure it will suit you too." I grabbed the box, then took out the brooch. The pin was beautiful. It looked even more gorgeous on Chris. I handed the clip to Chris and stated, "Help me wear it." Chris grasped the pin, then carefully pinned it to my suit's lapel and pocket. I couldn't take my eyes off Chris while he was busy. The guy looked immaculate in his high-end Italian three-piece suit.

We were accidentally matching. Chris fixed my collar, then said, "You look stunning. I knew that it would look good on you when I designed it. I hope sales will pick up after this." I sighed and asked, "Is money the only thing you ever think about, Chris? Why don't you try to relax for a change." Chris chuckled, then replied, "It's my latest endeavor. So I'm a little bit nervous. Bear with me a little." Maxim had been staring at us. He jumped off the bed, then hugged Chris's leg. Chris picked up the boy and said, "We will be leaving now my little rabbit. Finish all your food and sleep well. Your father and I will see you in the morning." Maxim kissed Chris and stated, "Have fun, papa." I carried Maxim downstairs. My mother had already finished cooking.

She took a photo of us, then went to have dinner with my father and Maxim. Chris's driver was already waiting for us by the door. I ordered my bodyguards to follow us, then left with Chris. Chris was quiet during the ride. I patted Chris's back and said, "Don't worry. No one will doubt our relationship." We had to wait at the entrance when we arrived. People were waiting in line to enter. The guests gawked at us when we walked into the building. Chris laced his fingers through mine before greeting people. The venue was full of wealthy guests.

People were talking about business and politics. I didn't see anyone new at the party. I sighed when we reached our table. We had to share our table with none other than Rick Gantry. The man was also in the entertainment business. He had tried to reach me many times before. I never liked his business ethics, so I ignored him. Rick grinned, then stated, "It's nice to see you, Mr. King. I wanted you to meet someone dear to me for a long time. I'm sure that he'll be a great asset to your company. Skylar has won many awards in this field." I gazed at Skylar and stated, "I'm sorry. I'm not looking for actors at the moment." I had already heard about the relationship between Rick and Skylar. Directors discarded Skylar when he started dating Rick. I couldn't blame them. It's hard to work with wealthy people's mistresses.