Chapter 28. An amazing feeling

Evander's P.O.V

Chris and I had to work overtime to get the weekend free. I had asked Syl to look into the event. He told me that all kinds of people got invited to such parties. It seemed fair to me. Everyone deserves to have a good time. I had a meeting Saturday morning. I left the house while my mate and child were sleeping. Chris was in his office when I returned home in the afternoon. I hugged Chris from behind, then kissed his cheek. Chris stroked my head and asked, "Have you eaten yet, babe?" I hummed and replied, "No, not yet. I wanted to return home as soon as possible."

Chris turned his chair, then hugged my waist. He kissed my chest and said, "Let's eat. I made lasagna. I had a sudden craving for it today." I grabbed Chris's hand, then went to look for Maxim. The little boy was busy admiring a frog by the pond. His nanny was keeping a close eye on him. Maxim grinned when he sensed us. He giggled, then yelled, "Hi, Daddy!" I scooped up Maxim and threw him in the air. Maxim was small but strong. It was due to his evil father, I guess. I wanted to homeschool Maxim, but Chris was against it. He wanted the boy to have a life full of friends and adventures.

Maxim's stomach started growling the moment I greeted him. Chris chuckled, then uttered, "It's time to feed our hungry lion, Van." The lasagna was delicious. We decided to take a nap after lunch. I woke up at six p.m. Maxim was staring at me when I opened my eyes. He put his head on my chest and said, "Papa is in the shower. He asked me to give you this." Maxim took a note out of his pocket and gave it to me. I was surprised when I read that Keanu had given birth to a healthy baby boy. I panicked when I realized that Chris's life could be in danger. Keanu was out of the woods. Chris could start having complications now.

I got startled when Chris said, "Stop thinking about unnecessary things, Van. The child and I are doing great. Now, go shower before we are late." My mind was still a mess. I grabbed my phone and called Syl. I asked Syl when he picked up his phone, "What happened to the elder? I want to talk to him as soon as possible." Syl instantly replied, "Our men found him, sir. He was in Colorado with his family. He will be in your office in the morning." I breathed a sigh of relief, then uttered, "Good. Make sure no one finds out he's in our custody." I made arrangements with Syl, then took a shower.

Maxim walked into the room with his laptop while we were getting ready. He placed the device on the bed, then uttered, "Grandma and Grandpa want to talk to you, Papa." Maxim carefully climbed onto the bed, then patted the spot next to him. Chris gazed at me. I shrugged, then continued wearing my shoes. Chris took a seat, then greeted my parents. He shyly asked, "So, what would you guys like to talk to me about?" My mother laughed, then replied, "You don't have to be afraid, Chris. We just wanted to know how you were doing. You are never around when we call. And we don't want to disturb you by calling during work hours either. So we thought this is the best opportunity to inquire about your health."

Chris smiled, then stated, "I'm doing great, Mother. The baby is healthy, and he's growing well too. My next appointment is in two weeks. You guys will be back by then. You are welcome to accompany me if you want." My father threw his arm around my mother and uttered, "Thanks for the invite, Chris. We are happy to have you in our lives. Don't just concentrate on Maxim and Van. Look after yourself too. We will see you soon, son. Enjoy the party. Bye." Chris bid my parents farewell, then got off the bed. He finished getting dressed, then declared, "I'm ready to leave, Van." Maxim was too busy chatting with my parents to notice we were leaving. Chris and I kissed his head, then left.

There was a long line at the entrance of the venue. Things, fortunately, went smoothly. The place looked incredible. A host greeted us, then led us to a private booth. She gave us a leaflet and said, "Here is the program for tonight, gentlemen." Chris reviewed the program, then stated, "It looks great. Let's forget everything and have fun." I pulled Chris closer and kissed him. I let Chris go when people started bringing us food. Chris didn't seem to have an appetite. I forced him to eat something light. I frowned when someone uttered, "My God. You guys make such a gorgeous couple." An omega was standing in an expensive tuxedo in front of us. I scowled at the man and asked, "Do we know you?" The guy chuckled and replied, "No, sir. I got so distracted by you guys when you came in that it caused me to spill my drink. It doesn't happen often. I had to meet you people no matter what."

Chris quietly observed the omega. An alpha threw his arm around the omega and asked, "What are you up to, my love?" The omega grinned and replied, "I'm trying to make friends with these lovely people, darling." The alpha gasped when he recognized us. He smiled sheepishly and said, "I'm sorry for my husband's behavior, Mr. King, Mr. Eckhart. It won't happen again. Let's go, Nick." Chris sighed, then stated, "It's alright. We don't mind. May we know your names?" The omega nodded, then uttered, "I'm Nicholas Elon, and this is my husband, Xander Brink. We are in the textile and clothing industry. We also own a fashion institute. I love your accessories. Can you tell me where you bought them?"

Chris grabbed his business card and handed it to Nicholas. Nicholas gasped, then stated, "No way, you designed them yourself?" Chris nodded, then declared, "You are welcome to marvel at them at the shop." A hostess approached the couple and said, "Please return to your table, gentlemen. The party is about to start." I poured myself a drink after the couple left. Chris laughed, then asked, "You couldn't wait for them to leave, huh?" I put my head on Chris's shoulder and replied, "I can't stand too friendly people. They always have something up their sleeves." The master of ceremonies announced that the activities were about to start. Chris begged me to participate. I wanted to make my mate happy, so I did.

Chris and I had fun and won most of the activities. Nicholas and Xander were in the race to become champions too. Everything was up to the last activity now. There would be a singing competition to determine the winner. Nicholas looked confident. People started cheering when he began to sing "This magic moment by The Drifters." Nicholas winked at Chris when he received a standing ovation. Chris ignored the guy and kissed me passionately. He cupped my face and said, "I love you, Evander King. You are mine and will be mine forever." Chris's words sent a cold chill down my spine. Chris took the stage and declared, "I would like to dedicate this song to my husband. My world changed when he came into my life. Evander King might seem like a tyrant to others, but he's an angel to me."

Everyone gazed at me to see my reaction. I chuckled when Chris began to sing "Your Love Keeps Me Lifting Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson." I wasn't surprised when people started dancing. I ran to the stage and hugged Chris tightly after he finished singing. Chris cupped my face, then kissed my forehead. I kissed Chris's cheek and uttered, "You are such an astonishing man, babe. I love you so much." Chris came out as the winner of the competition. Nicholas congratulated Chris. The prize money went to a charity organization. It was already eleven p.m. So we decided to go home. Maxim was sleeping peacefully in our bed. We didn't want to disturb him, so we left him there. I wanted to surprise Chris. I hugged him from behind, then kissed his neck. Chris hummed, then leaned against my chest.

Chris started swaying with me. He gazed out the window and declared, "Tonight was fun." I kissed Chris's back and replied, "Yes. It's nice to let loose once in a while. Why don't you freshen up and meet me at the pool? I have a surprise for you." Chris looked in astonishment at me. He nodded, then walked into the bathroom. I had already asked the maids to prepare everything. I went to the pool and turned on the lights. The whole scene changed. It was like it came straight out of a fairytale. I got startled when Chris gasped. I turned to face my mate and uttered, "I'm sorry for treating you like dirt when we got hitched, Chris. You didn't deserve such treatment. I promise to fill your life with love. I will never give you a reason to complain, darling."

Chris grabbed my tie, then pulled me closer. He kissed me roughly, then said, "That's enough, Van. I know how much you love me. Thank you for doing this for me. It made the night even more memorable. I see a portable jukebox. Let's dance." I laughed, then stated, "I never expected you to be such a party animal, babe." Chris and I danced till three a.m. and fell asleep in each other's arms. Syl's call woke me up in the morning. Chris was luckily still asleep. Syl greeted me and declared, "The elder is here, sir. He seems spooked. What would you like me to do with him?" I kissed Chris softly and replied, "Take him out for breakfast at a private restaurant. It might be his last meal. I'll be at the office in an hour."

Hi guys, how are you all doing? You guys are such great supporters. I'll do my best to update the installments on time. Stay safe, everyone, and until soon.