Chapter Forty Four

Goro's POV

Goro's POV

How did I let this happen? I stand in front of the two girls that no doubt stare in fear at the infected, who managed to corner us against the wall. "We are cornered..." Botan gasps out behind my right, and before I could respond to her obvious statement the Human girl speaks, "I'm the person these sickos are following, let me lead them to one side so that you both can get away." I look over my left shoulder to stare at her amused by her words whilst Botan smiles and says, "I'm sure you'll make a wonderful distraction, but it's much more important that you survive." This makes me nod and say, "Botan is correct. And besides Akina would be upset with me if I let you do such a reckless thing. We shall find a way to fight them together." Of course I could fight them all right now, but Botan wasn't letting me off with the previous infected I had used an attack on and I am not allowed to expose Keiko to the existence of Demons. Why must life be so difficult? 

However, my negative thoughts are silenced as I hear Botan speak to Keiko, "We're reasonably athletic girls with good sets of fist aren't we?" I look over my shoulder to see the determination on both their faces as Keiko replies, "Yes. Honestly, I was hoping you wouldn't accept my offer." As the two girls seem to bond, I sweat drop as I realise we are not truly cornered as I notice an object near us that could be a potential weapon. "Do either of you know how to use a fire extinguisher?" I ask them, making their eyes fire to where mine are staring. The girls smile again and Botan asks, "Are you both thinking what I'm thinking?" I smirk when seeing that the girls do know what to do, especially when Keiko says, "We'll separate on the count of three, ok?" We all count before launching forward. I grab a hold of Keiko and pull her to the left side of the corridor, making the infected come towards us and try dodging my punches and Keiko's slaps that prevent them from touching Keiko, whilst Botan was able to get to the fire extinguisher that sat on the wall on the right. One manages to grab her, making her release a cry of pain. I manage to free her before Botan empties the contents of the fire extinguisher onto the infected and rendered them unconscious.

"Hurry, let's go." Botan says as she tosses the now useless object on the floor, and with that the three of us begin running through these hallways again, to quickly pause due to another infected blocking our path and I couldn't help but cry out, "Why can't this creep stop appearing out of nowhere!?" But I stop my rant as I realise that the infected teacher is now trying to kill Botan, causing myself and Keiko to shout, "Hold on, Botan!" Keiko smacks him in the face, shocking him into letting her go allowing me to catch her and then do something that will make many call me a traitor...I kicked him in the area that all of us men should protect at all times. This caused him to fall to the ground in pain. "Stella hits, Keiko and Goro!" Botan cheers whilst Keiko and I stare at the pained infected. "You both should fight on the boxing team." Botan compliments us with a smile and peace sign. "I just hit a teacher..." Keiko breathes out, before I grab hers and Botan's hands and make us continue to run again as I say, "Let's go."

Sadly, more and more infected are now in the hallways and are holding all sorts of sharp objects as they chase us. "This is getting annoying pretty fast." I mutter to myself before pushing the girls ahead of me as that previously injured infected tried to take out Keiko's head with a pair of scissors, that thankfully hit the wall instead. Botan then grabs my hand again and decides it is her turn to drag me and Keiko around, leading us to end up in a classroom that only had a small lock. "There's no where to run! We're coming to get you Yukimura! You have been a very bad girl!" I hear the infected teacher growl through the door. I make the girls back up as I see them begin to smash the small window on the door. "Well, we better think quickly!" Botan says.