Chapter 89

If you like this story, leave a star and comment! More love = more chapters!

~*Ω*~

As the day went by, Jess had plenty of time to ruminate over her current condition and position. There was not much to do in school since people were still reintegrating and trying to make sense of their schedules, so she didn't have to think about doing important things for a bit.

She was a leader, wasn't she?

It wasn't the old Order who stopped the Witherstorm by getting on top of it. She was the one who initiated apologies in the past few months. She had kept going despite forgetting everything. Jess had never seen herself this way, but now that people brought it to light, she was beginning to realize it.

Jesse Blair Moriyadi was a leader.

Heh. It felt strange to think of her old name again. It had been so long. Now that she could remember everything, she had a mix of feeling complete and dissonant as her memories melded and clashed. She was her old self. And yet, she was also someone completely different. This didn't even include her "third" life as the Jess who had Wither sickness; that was a whole other bag of beans. Despite all these different memories as different selves, she felt like she understood herself better now.

The human brain certainly was a mystifying yet simple organism. Jess chuckled to herself and rested her head on her hand. It was strange for all of these pieces to suddenly feel as if they were falling into place after so many years. Now that she knew what she was, her path seemed clearer. She would talk to Isa after school and accept the offer to join the future Order.

The bell rang and she packed up her notebooks, slinging her backpack over her shoulder. A cold chill ran down her spine and she turned around, noticing Aiden piercing a hole through her head with his steely stare. As if it wasn't bad enough that he was behind her in their computer class, he just had to be seated in the back of their big history class. She felt constant daggers stabbing her back whenever he was around.

Some choice words came to mind but she swallowed them, gently waving to Aiden before leaving the class. Even though she felt more whole, her memories of others were still fragmented and she had to be careful with what emotions came to the surface first. She wanted to be friends with Aiden again so there was no option but to be nice to him at any cost, lest the thin relationship they had was lost.

She left the class, surprised to see her brother and Lukas talking to each other before Jesse left in a hurry, a small smile on his face. Jess went up to the blonde and said hello before asking what her brother was doing.

"Oh, hey Jess." Lukas grinned widely and nodded his head. "He's going with Petra to training first. Seemed really happy about it for whatever reason."

Jess's mouth went into an o-shape and she laughed. "Ah, I forgot to mention it to you. They're dating now."

"... Huh?"

"Yeah, Jay is dating Petra. Apparently, he asked her out yesterday which is why he missed training. I was so excited when I found out, haha. He's had the most obvious crush on her for years."

Lukas vocalized an "ahh" in understanding and put his hands into his pockets. "So that's why he reacted the way he did back at the temple."

"The temple?"

"Oh yeah, I should tell you all the stuff you missed while you were in the Storm. I'll tell you as we go to training."

"Speaking of training, I've made up my mind about the Order stuff. You really helped me push through my fears and helped clear my head earlier today, and so, I've decided to join the new Order as another leader. Thanks for that." Jess smiled at him and Lukas scratched the back of his neck.