Chapter 74

If you like this story, leave a star and comment! More love = more chapters!

~*Ω*~

"Oh? You don't really know who I am?"

Jess sat up, face-to-face with the woman now. "N-No. I don't."

A smile covered Mya's face. "I'm Dave's sister. The man from the liquor store?"

The twin's eyes went wide and she pointed straight at Mya. "You're the therapy sister? So that's why Fennoy sounded so familiar to me! Oh my gosh!"

Mya laughed at Jess's reaction. "Yeah. I'm the crazy one. And Gabriel is our cousin."

"Wait, wait, wait. You guys... are actually related to Gabriel?"

"I thought our surnames being 'Fennoy' would give that away, no?"

"Okay, to be fair, I've had my brain messed with twice so I'm kind of slow at making connections now, alright?" Jess shook her head as she tried to piece everything together. "So all this time, I've been friends with my therapist's brother, and the siblings are also cousins of Gabriel the Warrior... What the heck is going on?!"

"It's a small world," Mya shrugged, a smirk breaking out.

"So... did I really have to tell you about my brother and me meeting Gabriel? I mean, he probably told you guys, didn't he?"

"I did know about it already, but I needed your point of view. Everyone interprets everything differently." The woman stood up and rolled up her mat. "And besides, my job as your therapist is to check in on your mental health and see if positive progress is being made. I have to keep what I know and think out of my business life. So although we may know each other through mutual friends and people, I have to separate my personal life so I can assist you to the greatest extent. You get me?"

"Yeah, I get it. I'll probably have to do the same myself." Jess got up and rolled the mat she was on. "As much as I'd like to be your friend, I'm aware I'll probably need a lot of help getting back on my feet. There's so much I need to catch up on and I'm already overwhelmed by what I'm going through."

"I believe in you, Jess." Mya nodded and grabbed Jess's hand. "Just remember to relax in between, okay? Make use of the breathing exercise I taught you. It will help. Try doing it before bed every night, alright?"

"Okay. I will."

"That's a good girl. Now, our time is up, but I will see you again in two weeks, same day and time, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you, Mya!"

The female twin left the room, about to close the door behind her when she remembered something. "Oh, by the way, how do you get to the garden?"

"Ask your aunt. She'll show you."

That was more obvious than it had seemed. "Oh. Yeah. Thanks!"

As Jess walked down the hallway, she had to stop in front of a directory to figure out where she was. The building she was currently at was part of Sky City's temporary facilities, not the center that she had been quarantined in. She needed to find the bridge that connected the two, making sure to scan the map thoroughly.

The sound of shoes clacking against the hard tile flooring made her look up from the map and down the hallway. A man wearing a camo green uniform was walking towards her and she took a step back, a little apprehensive of probably getting into a conversation with someone. The man got closer and closer and she furrowed her brow as she tried to discern the face. He looked familiar. That mustache...