Chapter 59

If you like this story, leave a star and comment! More love = more chapters!

~*Ω*~

"Isa, what are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to that girl privately. I've just received some new intel from France about her."

"You should be supervising the evacuations!"

"I already finished evacuating. Now I'm doing what I'm supposed to."

The small quarrel outside his door piqued Jesse's interest. He cocked his head around and squinted to focus on the two people - one male and one female. The male was wearing formal brown clothing, laced with gold-colored cuffs and buttons. He wore an army cap on his head and boasted a thick mustache.

The female wore a black service uniform under a gold, two-tailed coat with white rims. Sleek white boots asserted dominance with every step she took. Her hair was parted into braids that wrapped around the back of her head and let down, threaded with a gold ribbon. Green eyes pierced her colleague, her aura of authority buttressed by the green eyeshadow that focused her glare.

"Reggie, I need you to record everything you've learned from your investigation into a hard copy. Make sure to preserve the written notes," the woman said.

The man, immediately standing straight and giving a salute out of respect, replied, "Yes, ma'am," and walked down the hallway.

As he disappeared from sight, the woman, presumably named Isa, sighed and let her head droop. She seemed to be tired and fatigued, not wanting to take another step.

She turned her head and noticed Jesse looking at her. Isa blinked a couple of times and then suddenly gasped much to his surprise. "Are you who I think you are?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Huh?"

"Jesse, do you not remember me?"

"You know who I am?"

The woman walked up to the bedside and tilted her head to get a better look at him. "My goodness, what happened to you?"

"Uhh... I was hit by an explosion in a nutshell."

"Oh dear! Does your mother know about this?"

He winced. This woman spoke oddly similar to his mom and she knew his name, yet he had no idea who she was. "Who are you, exactly?"

She frowned. "So, you really do not remember me. I didn't think it was that long. I'm Isa, your aunt."

"My what?"

"I'm your mother's older sister."

Oh. Cool –

Wait a minute, did she just say...?

~*Ω*~

"Where did you just send Axel off to?" Ivor was screaming over the heavy drafts of wind that muffled their voices.

"Soren's base," Jess said. "I have a plan but I need you two to lead me there."

"Oh dear, what do you have in mind?" Soren seemed bothered at the thought of his place being used for a vague plan and gripped Ivor's shoulders. The brewer grimaced.

"It's just a plan. Don't worry about it." She motioned for Ivor to go on ahead.

As they continued on their way, sudden neighing caught their attention. They turned to their side and saw a couple of saddled horses bucking and whinnying, afraid from the strong breeze.