Chapter 24

I'm really sorry about the delay on chapters!! I'm just so excited that SEASON 2 IS COMING OUT YAHAAAYAYAY

You can see more of my fangirling and mcsm art on tumblr (CrystallizeFlower). :)

(Also, I have summer school lol)

Now, enjoy this next chapter!

~*Ω*~

"No... this can't be!" Ivor shouted. "Everything was going perfectly swell!"

"Ivor, what have you done?!" Gabriel yelled, taking a step back to observe their current situation better.

"Gabriel, sir..." Jess coughed, "How many Withers were created?"

"There were... nine Withers," gasped the Warrior in realization.

"That weird cube with the blinking colors... The Wither must have used it to reactivate the other eight Withers and now they're all conjoining here!" Jess glared at Ivor as she spoke. "What was that cube or chip thing you inserted?!"

"It was a command block, okay? I didn't think the Withers would have conscious use over it!" He spat as he pulled out a bottle with a strange cyan color.

"Ivor, you coward, put that away!" Gabriel said, glancing at the bottle.

"It wasn't supposed to happen like this," he growled, drinking the liquid. In a matter of seconds, Ivor had disappeared, leaving behind only a trail of dust.

"What- what was that thing he drank?!" Jess exclaimed, frantically looking around.

Gabriel gritted his teeth. "A potion of swiftness. The chemical mix allows him to activate all of his muscles in his leg in order to increase speed."

"That son of a–"

"Let's not worry about him now, Jess. I'm going to need your help. What needs to happen next, I can't do alone."

"I got you! Now let's get out of here!"

They both started running away from the Withers, Gabriel pulling Anne with him, and jumped into his car, speeding past the limit.

"What are we going to do now, sir?" asked Anne from the back seat. Jess also took a look at him from shotgun.

"We have to get to my fortress! We'll be better protected there. Anne, I'm sorry, but you'll have to go home. I don't want you to get hurt."

Anne nodded and leaned back in her seat. "I understand, sir. Please drop me off at the entrance of the fortress."

Jess stuck her head out the window and violently pulled herself back inside, pulling her seat belt in. "Uhm, Gabriel, objects in the mirror are closer than they appear, so... you're gonna need to put the metal to the pedal, now!"

He stomped on the accelerator and gripped the steering wheel tightly as they all jerked backward. "It's pedal to the metal...!"

She clenched the roof handle and yelled, "Damn it, this is no time for grammatical idiom correcting, and you know what I meant!!"

Screaming ensued as the eight Withers behind them started to trail closer, absorbing more and more rubble from the ground.

"Is it just me, sir, or are they fusing together?!" Anne shouted over the cries of the Withers.

"What?! They're merging?" He glanced at his rearview mirror and muttered a curse.

"How much longer is the fortress?" said Jess as she gripped the handle tighter to avoid falling out the window.