Chapter 19

Just realized I made a major oopsies. In chapter 15, I meant to type "Two weeks ago, they had left the plaza... something with Gabriel blah blah blah," not "Yesterday." Aunt Carrie also returned due to damaged equipment, meaning she is back :) Sometimes I forget to type out certain details and it may have confused some readers really badly, so I apologize! I have fixed the mistakes in chapter 15 so future readers will not be confused.

0∞---†---∞0

On the fourth floor of the hospital lay a little girl with short, black hair and a little boy with brown, curly hair. Although on opposite sides of the hospital, they held each other within and waited until they could see each other again.

"Oh, dear! My Jesse! How have they been, doctor?" a woman with long, brown hair asked. As soon as it left her mouth, she stifled the urge to cry out when she saw her little boy limp on the white bed.

A nearby nurse turned to face the woman. "Please don't disturb the doctor, ma'am, he's checking the severity of the injuries. Your son is also in a drug-induced coma; he cannot hear you."

The woman shivered and clasped her hands together. "Is my son going to be alright? Where's my daughter? Why is she not here?"

The nurse held the woman's arms to her sides and led her out the room. "If you need more information, please ask the nearby desk down the hall. I do not know the specifics." He gently closed the door and left the woman in the hallway to break down silently.

Footsteps echoed from within the hallway on the marble flooring. "Honey- honey, are you okay? What did they say about Jesse?" She looked up and saw a man embracing her in his warm torso.

She sniffled before she could ease out a few words. "He- They- they haven't told me. Yet."

"But we need to know! Who can tell us more?"

"They- they said the desk down the hall could tell us more and where Jess is."

"Oh, my babies," the man groaned, holding the woman tighter. "I'll find out where our Jess is, okay, Isabelle?"

She choked out a small gasp and grasped his shirt before letting him go. "Please find her, Christian... Take care of her."

He nodded before he briskly walked over to the desk, almost slamming his fist on the white marble counter.

"Where is she? Where's Jesse Blair Moriyadi?"

~*Ω*~

"How is she?" the man known as Christian asked.

The doctor looked at him before glancing back and forth at the petite girl underneath the sheets.

"She's in very bad condition, sir."

"What else?" he almost blurted out.

"Two of her ribs are broken and one of them impaled her organs. Both the radius and ulna in her left arm are broken, and her right leg is as well. Many of the cuts on her are deep, and we're going to have to sterilize them before we can perform any surgeries."

His face fell and his jaw dropped. "Then- can you explain my son's injuries?"

"The sibling? He's in a worse state. From what we can conclude, he was the one who protected your daughter. Most of his own ribs are broken, although not impaled into his organs. Both legs are broken and his right arm was bent backward at the joint. There's a small fissure in his skull and some bruises formed from internal bleeding are visible." The doctor paused. "Are you okay with more information, sir? It may be very detailed and gory-"