c h apt e r 6 4.

jesse _____ ________

that's your name

remember?

that was the name you used when you first met him. you weren't exactly best friends but very close. he misremembers, though. he thinks you were the same girl he had a crush on but you're not. you're different now. that hate inside you? it's grown. it's his fault.

 not the one i was talking about before. the other one. yes, him. the one who gave you that clip on your hair. he broke your trust and because of that, he started that darkness in you that grew larger and larger. it's his fault that you've become so untrusting of others, so wary and paranoid. only when you forgot all this had you had a flash of your true self but then that blonde came back into the picture and your subconscious of your current self came back and the hate came back. it's despicable, isn't it?

you need to remember why you've kept it weakened for so long. it's the only way you'll break free of the fog in your head. i can't tell you why or how but just hear the urgency in my voice.

i'm you, jesse. you can trust yourself, don't worry.

how are you talking to yourself? technically, you're not. this is your memory that you're spiraling into. eventually you'll hit your head as you fall and something will come back to you.

you need to remember.

jesse.

you have already died once. it's not your time

it's not your time

don't let them down

don't

t h e y  l o v e  y o u .

t h e y  n e e d  y o u .