三十六

<Chapter thirty—six>
|C•rrup+ed|

꧁꧂

"Are you sure you want me to have these things?" Todd tilted his head as he reached out for a box.

You nodded. "Yes, I no longer need them. They remind me of things I don't want to remember."

The flower clip from Donatello, no more.

The unicorn onesie from Leonardo, no more.

The scarlet scarf from Raphael, no more.

Only the necklace and bracelet that April and Mikey gave you will you keep. Todd nodded as he signaled you to follow him. You smile, following behind the capybara, pulling your pet duck alongside you.

"And the flowers?" He asked.

"I believe you already know." You frown.

"Ah..."

You watched as he walked out to the forest with a small frown, Todd also knows somewhat what's going on, so he's helping you feel safe as well. You look up from Alfak to stare at your friends tombstones.

Oujirou, Warren, Hueso, Sunita, Buddy, Shelldon, Huggin and Muninn.

After a long time, unable to find Warren stone, both you and Hypno assumed the worst. He was dead. You also went to visit Hueso and perhaps get to work again only to find the restaurant closed because he was also dead. Picking up the small pieces of scraps of what was left of your children, you asked Todd If he could make a small funeral for all of them, needing to get it over with. Now you would visit as much as you can when you're free.

"Some of your friends are here too." Todd pointed out.

You noticed April was kneeling down to Sunita's tombstone, tears running down her cheeks, quietly sobbing to herself. Hypno only sat behind Warren's tombstone weeping.

"Hey." You speak up.

"(Y/N)!" April perks up at the sound of your voice, turning quickly to you with teary eyes. She got up, running into your arms now sobbing.

"Greetings (Y/N)." Hypno forces a smile onto his face, wiping his tears away. "I'm sorry, I'll shall take my leave now, Cheerio—"

"Hypno." You interrupt. "It's fine, you can stay as long as you want. Warren was your friend."

You smile softly. He nodded gently, tears prickling his eyes once again as he removed his hat and walked back to the tombstone to grieve once again. You wrap your arms around April, placing a soft kiss on top of her head, soothing her cries. "It's ok."

"Why is this happening!? Why did Sunita have to go!?" She cried.

You couldn't blame her, she lost her best friend.  You ruffle her hair, hugging her closer to you. April took this moment to control her breathing, taking in your scent. What would she do without you?

She felt you let go of her, walking over to the tombstones one by one, placing a single white rose on each one of the small vases Todd had gotten. You kneel down, narrowing your eyes at the tombstones that stood before you, with names of everyone you had lost. April frowned, sitting next to you not saying a word. You didn't need words right now, just a friend by your side who would be there for you, someone to hold you.

And that's what she did. She pulled you in for an heartwarming embrace. You were surprised. You felt tears well up your eyes, hands shaking as you reached your arms out to hug back. You closed your eyes, a single tear falling down your cheek.