Automated Gun Turret

"Hey Drax?" Leonardo peeked into the alchemist's room, Mikey right behind him. "The others are here and me and Mike gotta talk to ya."
"Alright." The sheep man sighed, setting his book down, along with his reading glasses, and sitting up. "What is it you two need?"
The slider walked in, the box turtle following close behind and shutting the door behind himself.
"So, it turns out Raph ain't taking things as well as we initially thought—" Leo began.
"Oh? How so?"
The slider stepped aside so Mikey could speak.
"Well for starters I noticed he hasn't gotten much sleep, and he isn't eating that much." The youngest began.  "He also has been a lot more clingy and protective since we sent Dee here."
"That isn't good. ." The Baron murmured.
"Yeah, but that's alright, we might have a plan to help him." Leo informed.
"Please, enlighten me on your supposed plan, Leonardo."
"Alright well, uh, so I had an idea for us to do a little switch-out thingy—"
"What do you mean by that?"
"Well since I've been here for about a week now, maybe me and Raph could switch? He gets to be here for a week and then if Mike wants he can be here for the week after that."
"Hmm. . . I suppose that is an idea." Draxum nodded. "It allows him to get out of the lair but still be within a close proximity to one of his brothers. Not to mention it wouldn't be much different after you waltzed into here and stayed over the past week."
"Yeah, and maybe you and Dee can get him to actually sleep." Mikey nodded.

"Yes, indeed. I suppose we could do that. Does he know?"
"Nope! He doesn't even know we know about what he's doing. We were gonna tell him after getting the okay from you." The blue-clad stated.
"Ah, I suppose that was a good idea." He pointed out. "Alright, we'll go inform him of the plan. And be sure to inform your father, too. I don't want another lecture like last time. ." He grumbled.
"You got it!" The slider turned on his heel and marched his way over to the door, opening it and marching out just as he did a second ago.
Mikey followed after him with an eye roll, shaking his head and shutting the door behind them both.

——————

"Are you. . Better now?" The softshell asked quietly, hand rested on the older's head as the latter continued to hug him tight and bury his face into his plastron.
He sniffled, nodding slightly. "Y- yeah— I think so—" He pulled away slowly, smiling softly at the younger. "Eh. . Thanks— I needed that. . ."
"It is no problem dear brother, you were in distress and I simply did what I deemed necessary for such a situation."
"Right, thanks still. Ya didn't have to."
"Yes I did. I was not going to allow you to metaphorically or literally beat yourself up over the matter. I know how you get when you're guilty."
"I forgot how observa- obs. . Eh—" He glanced up at the younger.
"Observational? Was that what you were trying to say?"
"Yeah— I forgot how- that- you are." He chuckled nervously.
The latter just smiled a bit. "Ah, I see. Well someone has to be, and since I am the main lookout guy I kind of have to be."
"Right— forgot 'bout that. ." He pulled away from the younger, looking to the side as if to avoid eye contact. He fiddled with his claws a bit.
He frowned, giving a small verbal sigh and reaching to grab his face. He turned it in such a way that Raph was forced to look at him, brows furrowed. "Raphael. There is nothing bad about being a lookout guy, is there?"
"No but—"
"Alright, then there you go. I do not understand why you are so upset with that fact but I know whatever it's about, probably has a logical reason—or two—for you not to be upset."

"Y- yeah you're right, sorry—"
"Don't apologize for something that is nowhere near your fault you hypocrite." He rolled his eyes and smiled.
"Yeah, yeah. Take my own advice 'n all. ." He smiled. "Can I have my face back now?"
"Oh yes—" He released his head and gave a (verbal) nervous chuckle.
"Thanks." He said, receiving a small nod in response. He glanced over at the bandaged shell and his expression dropped ever so slightly. "So, how's the shell doin'? I know somethin' happened a while ago but has it happened again?"
"No. I assume last time it either rejected whatever was being used to. . seal it shut— or I just shifted wrong."
"Oh— That ain't good."
"Yeah, but so far it has only happened once so it isn't too bad I suppose."
"Great, great—"
He nodded.
Suddenly the two other turtles bounded in with determined looks on their faces, startling the two present turtles.
"We come bearing news! And an offer!" Leo announced, marching his way to the back of the couch and resting his hands on it.
Mikey hopped up onto an arm rest, smiling.