look what you made me do

"Oh I'm sorry, the old Donatello can't come to the phone right now.

Why?

Oh, because he's dead!"

(His family gets kidnapped and he goes to save them. Only, he isn't being held back this time)

Donatello.

Donnie.

DonTron.

'Tello.

Purple.

All names of the purple-clad second youngest. All names given to him by his family, in which is the only thing keeping him sane. (But he won't admit it, surely.)

He was always known to be more. . Violent, than the others. More chaotic, even. To the point his self-proclaimed "twin" says "demon possession!" every chance he sees something he claims to be weird.

But it's all just jokes and fun. . Right?

Like how when it was winter just a few years ago he had volunteered to be the one to hit Raph. That was a joke. . Probably

Or when he used a chainsaw to build a snowman, in the process turning Mikey's coat into a vest. That was just him having fun. Besides, Mikey loved his new vest.

Or when he nearly killed a man for making fun of Raph during an event at Huesos because "Boys shouldn't wear dresses". . .

Perhaps when he made a "suggestion" on building a guillotine for the fruits that were hard to cut for Mikey.

Maybe even when he built a snow tomb and threw Leo into it, writing "Here lies Leonardo Hamato, brother and son." Everyone had a good laugh at that, and Leo even helped make it (even if he didn't know what it was at first)

The point is, his family is quite literally the only thing keeping him from finding that uranium and doing what Draxum, Big Mama, and the Kraang couldn't. Sure, he may be more violent than the others (and the least filtered), and he might need to tone it down a few notches at times for the sake of Mikey (or so they say), but he knows that his family loves him just the same, and he loves them just as much. (Yet another thing he won't admit. Because if he did, he would never hear the end of it.)

So when he found out that his family was nowhere in the lair, seeing that the turtle tank was still where they always kept it, he was thrown off. And when he checked the trackers. . .

They always took him on missions, even when he didn't want to go. So why would they take Splinter, April, and Casey, but not him? It just made no sense. .

He quickly found out what had happened, and when he did, it sent him bounding down the tunnels. He quickly summoned his bō, his body illuminating with a crackling purple colour. (His markings being practically pink with how bright they were) Once he saw what he found in the security footage, he knew,

Someone was not going home tonight. . .

—————

"Let us out you pompous purple-themed—"

"Silence, O'Neil. You are beginning to get irritating, and more so than usual." Kendra hissed, walking up to what seemed to be a giant cage, where the Hamato Family was being kept. . .

She and April had a small stare-down, before Kendra scoffed and rolled her eyes.
"Once we have dear Othello Von Ryan, we will have nothing more of use for you. Perhaps you may leave, if we don't find something for you lot to do for us."
"What the hell are you planning to do with Master Donatello?" Casey snapped, vocabulary having been updated by none other than the purple coded turtle himself. (Raph absolutely did not take it well when he found out. . .)
"Oh, right, you're here." She sighed. "Well, if you must know—"
"Kendra, we have a situation. ."
She groaned, turning back to the monitor she stood beside. "What is it now, Jeremy?" She growled.
Jeremy shied away, leaving Jason to do the talking. "I think he found us—"