𝟏𝟎 | 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭

~*~

A WEEK LATER - WATERFALLS

"That's it, there you go!" 

The misty waters tickles my skin while I kept my eyes focused on my brother, as we both sparred upon the boulders that centred the river. Diving my blade towards him, he swivels around before appearing behind me in an instant. Sharply I flick my hair to the side, as I raise my arm blocking a blow from him.

"Nice,"

Sensing himself disappearing from behind me, I try to anticipate his next plan of attack. However my foot almost slips from the slippery boulder, but I adjust my position while keeping my mind clear.

A clear shot, but how? I can't......wait, he's...there!

 Gripping my blade indifferently I block another back attack, without having to turn around. Our wooden blades clash together, before it bounces back. Turning around we both began going head on, blades almost at each other's throat, while also trying to blend with the water around us.

My movements have become sharper, and more in sync with myself than being a stick in the mud. Hard to even keep myself balanced, I worked so hard within a week and this is my progress so far. 

My eyes flicker down to his knees, seeing he was focusing harder on my topper half that left him open. Taking my chance, I bend down in a blink of an eye and knocked his feet from under him. Within moments he emerges into the waters with a heavy splash, along with his wooden blade to fly out to the riverbed.

Covering my my mouth trying to stifle my laughter, I just couldn't contain it.

"Hahahaha, two out of three!!!!!" I smile widely, while holding two fingers to his soaked form. His hair sunk further down, cover his eyes while his pants were definitely drenched to the bone.

Pursing his lips together, a stream of water escapes his mouth with a frown.

"Yeah, yeah........laugh it off," He soon chuckles, not even having the heart to be angry with my improvement. He wanted to win himself, but this was only teaching and training to become the next Water Dragon Pillar or just Dragon Pillar to shorten it. 

Standing up he ruffles his shaggy hair, purposely trying to flick me before heading to the riverside. 

"Alright, now what's next?" he tries to wring the excess water in his pants, having no shirt on remembering that could his ass into the water too. 

Jumping back to the side with him I roll my shoulders back, as a deep exhale leaves my lips with exhaustion. I've been training extra hours, late at night that I kind of overexerted myself. However, I wanted to adjust my techniques to allow my body to be accustomed, and familiarised with whatever he teaches me. Little by little, I've gained control of my breathing techniques to steady myself.

"You know, we should try working on flexibility," I suggest loudly, while stretching my aching arms. Rotating my waist in the opposite direction, my eyes flicker back to see him looking rather troubled. "Ryuji?"

"........"

"Ryuji?!"

He snaps out of his troubled daze, "Hmm? Sorry, what did you say?"

Shaking my head I rake my fingers through my short locks, wringing it dryly while giving him a smile of assurance.

"Everything okay? You've been kind of off, lately?" I ask, my hands drift to my sides while studying his face. Not once did his emotions change, but soon he clears his throat following with a big chuckle.