𝟐𝟑 | 𝐔𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

~*~

SETAGAYA MOUNTAIN ~ (Hayami's pov:)

This felt too good to be true.........

Seeing my sibling getting along like a gentle breeze; mother looking beautiful and vivid like how I remembered. Remembering a few faces within the estate, I saw our maid, Lady Asami, that served us with a smile always on her face. It didn't feel like I've suffered for many years, but living within my own nightmare the entire time.

"So where's father?"

The question naturally runs from my mouth, causing mother to hesitate.

"Your father? Why, he's discussing matters in his office," Mother replies, her eyes meet mine for a brief moment before she smothers my face in a few kisses. "He'll be here soon, he did promise to train you.......you remember don't you?"

Perplexed for a moment, my eyes squint before blinking a few times, "Train me.....?" muttering under my breath. The grip on my teacup loosens, as if feeling myself forgetting about something that I supposedly knew. 

"Yes my dear, your father believes you can become a swordswoman," She brightens up, gesturing to the katana blade that rests on the mantle in the main room. "That was passed down generation to generation, and I mean the hilt. The purest steel adjusted to the wielders strength, and one day it'll be passed down......to you."

This didn't feel right, why isn't Ryuji taking that mantle instead? Isn't he the oldest? Wait, why is father wanting to train me? 

"Wouldn't either Ryuji or the twins take the spot?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "Isn't it frowned upon? For a woman to wield a blade within our clan? For generations, we weren't even dare touch one......or a punishment wi--"

"Hayami! Enough nonsense, you're a strong woman," Mother scolds me lightly, but takes my hand. "Your father is very proud of you, I'm proud of you....."

That wasn't how it was...........

In that very moment this faint scent of death greets all around; like I was being watched by many eyes besides the ones surrounding me......

My skin crawls feeling my body growing colder, inhaling the bitter air; the burning sensation makes it hard to swallow. The sounds of padded feet made me lift my head, only to feel a heavier aura empowering my own senses. Hesitantly my eyes lift, only to meet a pair of eyes filled with malice. Recognising them instantly, the memories came flooding in like a raging sea. Memories that were tucked away in the back of my mind, that I tried to forget about. 

This wasn't the reality i'm in........it's an illusion.......

"Y-You're not real," pushing myself off the verandah, resting my hand on the hilt of my blade; not finding it there. Only grasping at air I glance down finding nothing, "Huh? What?" eyes widening in a panic.

"Why don't you understand my dear?" Mother stands up, her tone changes tauntingly. She stood up herself opening her arms, her silver fade to a golden burning fire in the night like a demon. Scales litter across her pale flesh with claws extended, "You're only a hindrance, a failure of a child......how did I manage to birth such a pathetic daughter.....?"

Stepping back my breath grew shaky, before everything turns into thick fog finding it difficult to navigate through only for my back to smack into a hard surface.

"A woman shouldn't wield a blade," his voice echoes, filled with gravity to his tone. "You're insignificant to me, why don't you give up?"

His voice is so real, it was like he's still there...........tucked away in that corner of my head; that I've tried locking away.....