𝟑𝟏| 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

~*~

AT THE SWORDSMITH VILLAGE

Reaching the entrance to the village, we both step inside the wooden Torii gates that welcomed us the the large village. I've been here at least about twice, as I tried my best to just get my blade repaired and returned at the butterfly mansion. Just now Sanemi and I had to be either blind folded, and wore ear plugs or piggy backed. The journey itself was irritating, but I wished I could've seen Sanemi being piggy backed. 

That would've been hilarious to see.........

"The masks are just creepy," Sanemi comments under his breath, while walking into the village. "Well, what's first on your list?"

Lifting my head I glance around meeting the villager's masked faces, knowing some are quite intimidated by Sanemi's presence. 

"I might go pay my respects to the Village elder, your quite welcome to do so," I reply, while head towards the main building in the centre. The buildings were perfectly constructed with high quality timber of Japanese Cypress, which is called Hinoki. It prevents from aging rather fast, and rotting and the grain is smooth. I can tell by these villagers, their carpentry skills are quite professional and highly maintained.

Sanemi hesitates for a moment with a subtle growl, before giving in.

"Tch, fine I'll join,"

Chuckling softly, "Stop being so uptight," resting a hand on his bicep for a moment. "I just suggested, I'm not pinching you by the ear and dragging you with me....aren't I?"

He sheepishly looks away, "I'll go,"

~*~

"It's a pleasure to have the Wind and Dragon Hashira's here," 

Bowing politely with my hands flat and on the floor, I lower my head with grace and poise, "No it's a pleasure for you to allow us into your village, Chief Tecchikawahara," I reply softly, before lifting my head. The small old man was perched upon a pillow, with two other masked men either side of him. "We try to not come here as often, to keep your village safe and anonymous...."

However Sanemi was cross-legged with his usual scowl; no manners, knowing he's only like this without Master around.

Nudging his arm he reluctantly sighs returning to his knees and bows, with both palms on the rush tatami floor. "Pleasure having us,"

The chief waves his hand, "It's fine, just call me Tecchin for short, Lady Mizutsuki," he assures me, with a hint of a flirty tone behind that mask of his. "Gathering why you are here in the first place, feel free to get yourselves settled in an inn whilst your blades get repaired by your sword-smiths."

"Thank you for your hospitality," I bow once again, before Sanemi stood up.

"I'll be excused," before abruptly leaving the room, causing my face to flush in embarrassment with how rude he left the room before the chief. 

Silence blankets the room for a moment, before turning back to the chief with a sheepish and wry smile.

"Please excuse him, he's just a little agitated and exhausted," I apologise in advance, resting my hands in my lap. My thumbs fiddle together anxiously, feeling a little annoyed how he had to leave so suddenly and without a proper goodbye. 

Sighing deeply I send the chief a smile, with assurance.

"It's fine, I'm more surprised someone is able to even stand even close to that man," He replies honestly, waving his hands to ensure it wasn't my fault. "Most of the villages are frightened, but I know he does good for our land. Exterminating the demons, and giving a business in the first place.....so I shouldn't quite judge a man like him. You've done so much for us, so please......I take no offence whatsoever...."