𝟑𝟒 | 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮

~*~

When was the last time I've slept well.......?

 It's been so long........

Trailing my gaze from the ceiling after a few minutes in a hazy state, falls upon his softened state right beside me. His body surrounded me, his hands draped around my plush waist and his palm resting against my bare belly. His thumb subconsciously traces my stretch marks, as if it didn't concern him even in his sleep. If I'm being honest, I thought I'm supposed to be more flustered like some girls admit. 

However, if Sanemi truly loves me..........then I know that I'm enough in his eyes.....

Though I have many insecurities, he would blatantly admit he didn't care what a woman looks or dresses. Even I learnt he loves softer and slightly thicker girls, but he only described me than just a preference. He never knew his preference in women, except when he met me; that I'm his type more ways than one. Scoffing and brushing it off, thinking how infeasible it was to love a woman like me.....he would pinch my cheek with an offended scowl.

"You gonna stare all day....?" his husky voice, breaks the comfortable silence. He shifts a bit gathering more of a grip around me, and tugs me closer earning a small sound to slip past my lips. He exhales heavily and buries his face into the crook of my neck, inhaling gently for a moment before he sighs. "I hope you understand.......I'm not affectionate as much, so be patient with me."

Chuckling warmly by his comment, my fingers thread through his white locks as I massage his scalp.

"I'm not very affectionate either, so we're both in the same boat," I reassure him, pressing a chase kiss to his temple. His arms tighten around me more, hearing a deep shaky sigh leave him again filled with this kind of relief that I sense from him. Clearly his confession last night was a big step, especially when we both didn't want to get too close. This new chapter was scary, especially when trying to figure each other out, interests, disinterests and so on. 

~TAP~TAP~

"What time would it be?" I ask with a small yawn, slipping past his confined embrace, towards the fusuma doors leading to the garden.

"Well......Sorai, usually taps at eight in the morning" Sanemi replies, turning over in the sheets to face me. The sheets drift down pooling just to his pale v-line, with his hair disheveled and hanging over his eyes. ".....if I'm not up after seven that is....."

Fixing my tangled and messy hair, I shuffle on my knees; opening the doors to see Sorai and Nami together nuzzled to one another. This was surprising in my case, but looking back those two have been by each other's side since Sanemi met me. "Hmmm morning, Sorai.....Nami......" with another yawn following my lips. "What's there to report?"

"~CAW~ Swords finished, both Dragon and Wind ~ CAW~" Sorai announces, perching up and nudges his beak against my hand that rests against my knee. 

Smiling softly I nod in response, petting him with the back of my index tenderly, "Thank you Sorai, we'll be there soon shortly...."

With that I head back to the futon on my two feet, only to be dragged down and surrounded by blankets and a very warm body. Not even a sound left me, with how fast I found myself beneath his warm embrace. "Give us a bit more time, cause I'm not letting you out like yesterday," Sanemi mutters into my neck, acting more clingy than usual. 

Reluctantly after considering his decision, I slowly ease into his arms and sigh defeatedly.

"Alright, just a little longer, but you should know......." I lift his head up a little, before nudging my nose against his own. "..........you shouldn't get so jealous, m'kay? No one is gonna take me away, I can reassure you many times as I can....."