𝟑𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

~*~

Why is my heart racing and my body burning hot?..........

I couldn't understand why my body is responding to the way his lips trace my veins, that run along from the inner of my wrist to my inner elbow. His touch was so tender, with his callouses that gave that touch of reality to how much he works hard. The way his eyes focus on mine, with more emotion as we walk alongside each other. Never have I felt this way, nor has no one really told me about this feeling.

All so foreign, but similar to love that was only given to my mother. Yet.....

I thinking this is what love truly is, where he kisses every flaw on my flesh. Every crevice and blemish on my skin, he traces his lips over them with tenderness. My heart thrums against my chest, and my head growing lighter and dizzier the more he touches me. How deprived with being touched may seem like desperation, but I craved words of affirmation and to be told that I am enough.

The hot water seeps into my skin, finding my cheeks flushed and my body growing drowsy in response to the need to decompress from months of constant missions.

A finger drifts to my temple and pulls away from my eye, "You look better, there's some colour to your cheeks," He murmurs softly, in a relieved tone. Flinching slightly my eyes flicker to settle on his softened gaze, before averting them feeling my heart rate to spike up. "What? Did I say something?"

Shaking my head the water ripples around my movements, as the water pours into the hot springs with a calming sound.

"Nothing, just.....warm," I lie, while my breath grows shaky.

He furrows his brows in response, and shuffles closer before he runs his fingers through my hair again with care.

"Am I overstepping some boundary?" He asks, curiously with his cheeks flushed red. His hair was dripping and loosely slicked back with strands over his eyes. "Or your embarrassed to have me join you, here?--"

My back was against the edge of the rocky spring, as my eyes widen in surprise.

"No......no, that's not it at all--!" I exclaim, only to be cut off when he takes my chin. His index tilts my head to meet my gaze steadily, while his thumb traces over my lower lip. 

He carefully studies me close, "Hmmm......do you think I might take advantage of you?" he asks, rhetorically with a slight smirk. He's humouring me right now, he's even enjoying his teasing and our banter that we have sometimes. "Or, you think I might do something I'll regret? Or maybe.......it's the tension that's been happening every now and again, since a month or so ago? Mind explaining what this is......now that we have time together?"

He was right about that, because I know no bounds to this feeling. This tension that built from time, is now becoming harder to comprehend.......

Hesitantly my mouth moves, but no words leave me, "...." 

It was like my own flame was slowly igniting within me, and the moment he adds fuel to this flame; feelings will begin to go out of control. Untamed.......

The sound of the ripples reach my ears feeling his presence grow closer, finding his shoulder touching mine. This warmth and intensity of the ambience was making my heart become heavier, and my mind overwhelmed with the tension that slowly builds. The way his rough skin grazes mine, sent electricity running through my arm to the tips of my fingers. The warm feeling deep in my belly cause it to flip, and my breath to become uneven.

"Sorry.........I shouldn't have said anything," He dismisses his question, sinking further into the hot waters. His eyes close with a deep exhale drifting past his lips, seeing how much tension in his body was gathering over time. "Forget it........just focus on healing, your body has been needing it for quite some time......"