𝟑𝟗 | 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

~*~

A MONTH LATER

"Dragon breathing: Fifth form......severing wave!!!!!"

Driving my blade vertically up  the centre of the large demon, it's body remains in intact for several seconds. Twisting sharply my eyes peer through my shadowed gaze, before slicing across it's throat with a quarter of my strength. Standing to my full height as my breath grew heavy, the demons body finally crumbled into four sections in a bloody pool of it's own dark crimson blood.

The remnants of the deceased limbs scatter the grounds, of where the battle took place. Torn to the bone with flesh shredded, it always left my gut churning with disdain towards the demons.

Originally this mission was for Demon slayers who were ranked Hinoe, Kinoto, and Kinoe, but clearly it got worse when squads were left unheard from or they sent more backup. It seems were not even getting any more good Demon Slayers lately, all hanging at ranks below us Hashira now and not stepping up. Understanding some are unable to progress as quick as some do, it still means Muzan will get the upper hand if we don't get our act together.

Swiping my blade from it's fifth I guide my blade carefully into the scabbard, before my attentions shifts to the side seeing a few young demon slayers injured or were killed on this very mission.

"Lady Hayami!" A Demon Slayer rushes to my side, as his eyes were filled with relief. He suddenly bows, "Thankyou! Thankyou!!"

Smiling sheepishly I pat a warm hand on his shoulder, "No, thank you for hanging in there a little longer," reassuring him, before gesturing to the casualties. "We have about eighteen casualties, and I need kakushi here soon...........Lady Shinobu will need to tend to the fatally wounded first........so if you're not severely wounded, please start aiding...."

The slayer bows, "Yes Ma'am!!!!!"

Taking a moment to recuperate after a long night of missions, and then finally this one that was given to me for the last minute. Apologising to Mitsuri for leaving her behind on patrol, I knew I owe her a day out or something. Searching for any signs of more threats in our wake, I soon turn to a young boy probably around fourteen leaning up against a tree. His hair disheveled along with his forest green haori ripped, with blood pouring from his shoulder and torso. 

"Hey.......hey....." my feet carry me with haste, kneeling before the young slayer. "......you with me? Hey........I need you to breath steady, with using full total concentration for me."

The boy's eyes wearily flicker to mine for a moment, "This is.....p-patheti-- Argh!" he grimaces, hunching in response to the deep wounds. His breath was unsteady, that he was inhaling too much which is making his vision to grow fuzzy leading to hyperventilation. 

"Listen to me, breath...." I spoke more sternly, taking his hand and placed it just above my chest for him to feel my steady breaths. ".....breath with me okay? In.........then out........"

Taking a few seconds to adjust to the rhythm of my breathing, he slowly begins to breath and starts using total concentration with it.

"That's it........in.......then out," I breath out quietly, releasing his wrist as it falls to his side. Once he finally calms down and uses his total concentration, the blood flow decreases allowing him to regain some little energy he had. "What's your name?"

His soft slender green eyes meet mine, "Kaito, Kaito Igarashi........."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Haya--"

"Hayami Mizutsuki.........The Dragon Pillar," He cuts me off, with a hoarse voice. His left eye was shut with blood covering it, with his disheveled hair mixing in his own crimson. "I know who you are......"