𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

~*~

A WEEK LATER

There was moments where you wished that you didn't know, where you could just block everything out completely. However, Hayami trained her hardest in the meantime while waiting for her brother's return. She had moments of regret allowing him to go, but then had her moments when she believed in him. Akihiro was there all the way, ensuring of her brother's safety.

Yet, sometimes things shouldn't be sugar coated.......

It could hurt others.....

"That's it....up....up," Akihiro taps her shoulder gently, while she balances a bucket of water upon her head. "Easy now, balance yourself while holding a sword.......because stance is always important, if you're facing taller opponents."

She questioned why this way in anyway important, trying to focus on the water filled bucket. Her hair was tied to two lower little buns, wearing a breathable navy Yukata around her. So the bucket nestled well upon her head, allowing to keep her balancing a little longer.

"That's it, you've got it..........." Akihiro chuckled, while proud knowing it's been a week since he started on this new practice technique. She's already mastered the art of her sword, and now he's focus on her mental side, knowing she struggled rather hard.

"So.......what does this do, you didn't fully explain before we started this training resume," She spoke up, curious as she was. Her body was slightly swaying a little, maintaining some ground on her feet.

He hums, "It's all about patience and balance, this will help you figure out decisions when in a small predicament,"

"Predicamen--" she was soon cut off, as a crow flew in.

Ryuji is back, Ryuji is back'

"Ryuji? Natsu!" Hayami exclaimed, taking the bucket off  almost splashing it and ran down the hill nearby to where she saw the two left off from a week ago. Her legs picked up the pace as she managed to run down, only to see just Ryuji standing there. His eyes look so exhausted, so dull until his eyes locked with hers.

"Hayami...I..." his voice was shattered, but she was too excited to hear his trembling voice.

My boy where is Katsu......did he pass?" Akihiro called, as he walked up to the young boy before him. Ryuji's lips quiver in response, trying to remain composed when a single stray tear rolls down looking up to his former sensei and his sister. He didn't know how to break the news, nor how he felt there and then. Only emptiness, and a failure he called himself.

"I-I'm sorry.......h-he......" his throat grew numb, as the air struggled to be released. His chest was tight, unable to focus on the dreaded news he was given. Soon his legs give out, collapsing to his knees.

"B-brother?"

His eyes tiredly lifted afraid to see her reaction, when she falls to her knees to take his hands in hers.

"Where is Natsu? Where is he? Did he make it?" She pleads, slowly realising something wasn't right. The grim look behind his eyes, was all it took to make her realise he wasn't coming back.

"N-No......he isn't......he didn't," She choked out, her blood ran cold in response feeling another part of herself break instantly. 

His arms soon embraced her tightly afraid she would leave, but she embraced him back with hopes to hear good news. She didn't want to believe, she couldn't. He promised her, he promised to meet her here and be a slayer when he got back. Was this nightmare ever going to end?