Training For The Tryouts

The Prince and The Warrior (A Loki Love Story)

Chapter 1

One day on Asgard, Odin decided to hold tryouts for anyone - male or female to be a part of his Elite Guards, which included the likes of Sif and The Warrior Three. Unbeknownst to Odin, Sif had been training a young woman, whom she had known for years to compete in the tryouts. Under the capable tutoring of Sif, this young woman was ready for the tryouts. Sif had trained the young woman in all of the events that would take place at the tryouts, even a few that Odin may secretly throw in the competition because she herself went through the same tryouts when she was chosen as an Elite Guard. Early one morning, Odin caught Sif as she was heading to the secret training area where she had been training the young woman. Odin asked Sif, "Where are you heading to this early in the morning, Sif?" Sif had to think of something quick. She tells Odin, "All Father, I'm going for an early morning walk. It's such a beautiful and pleasant day this morning, I thought I would go for a long walk before my day starts." Odin looks at Sif with a questionable look. Sif doesn't normally take long walks before she starts her morning duties. Odin asks Sif, "Where are you going for your walk, in case I need your services?" Sif was caught off guard by this question. So Sif finally said, "I plan on walking all around the palace. Maybe one or two times depending on how I feel after my first walk." Odin couldn't quite put his finger on it but he knew Sif was keeping something from him but decided to let it go. Odin tells Sif, "Enjoy your walk, Sif." Sif nodded at Odin then bowed before him then left for her "walk".

Sif started off on her "walk" around the palace. When she saw that Odin had left, she quickly went to the secret hiding place where she had been training the young woman. Sif went into the room and there waiting for her, was the young woman. The woman asked Sif, "What's wrong?" Sif said, "It's the All Father, I think he expects something's going on." The woman asked, "What makes you think that?" Sif said, "Because he caught me as I was coming to you and asked me a lot of questions about where I was going. The young woman asked Sif, "What did you tell him? Sif said, "I told him that I was taking a morning walk but I don't think he believed me." The young woman then said, "Oh Sif that's awful. Maybe you should forget about training me anymore. I don't want you to get in trouble with the All Father." Sif said, "No, I'm going to finish your training before the tryouts next week. You almost have all the required skills to beat anything that they may throw at you." So Sif continued the young woman's training.