Serena's Recovery

Chapter 13

Frigga asked Thor, "Thor my son, will you talk to your brother? It has been two days now since Serena's injury and he still won't leave her side. Loki MUST get some rest if he wants to court Serena." Thor answers his mother, "Yes, mother, I will try but I don't know if it will do any good because Sif tried to talk to him about Serena, but he won't respond, but I will try again." Frigga replied, "Thank you my son, and tell Sif I appreciate her trying too," Thor said, "You're welcome, mother." Thor went to the healing room, where Serena was still at, as well as Loki. One of the healers said, "Your majesty. You must tell Prince Loki that it won't do any good for him to stay up day and night with Serena. We all are doing ALL we can do for her, but for him to stay up all night long isn't healthy for him. The longer she stays unconscious, the more dangerous it becomes for her. Thor responded, "I will talk to him, thank you for looking after Serena." The healers bowed before Thor then continued to take care of Serena.

Thor walked over to Loki who was still sitting beside Serena. Thor tells Loki, "Loki, brother you must rest. It will not do Serena any good if you are too weak when she awakes." Loki still wouldn't say anything. Thor puts his hands on Loki's shoulders and feels him go stiff. Thor tried again, "Loki, you must get some rest for Serena's sake." Loki finally looked up at Thor. His eyes were red and swollen from crying so much. Loki finally spoke to Thor, his voice quivering, "Thor she's been unconscious for two days now. I'm beginning to think that she's never going to wake up. Why her Thor? Why couldn't have been someone else, not her." Thor answers his brother, "I don't know my brother. I don't have an answer to that but what I do know is that Serena wouldn't want you to do this. She would want you to get some rest and keep the faith that she'll be ok." Loki asked, "How can I? I'm so worried about her. I don't know what I ....Suddenly Serena started to moan in pain. Loki suddenly turned his attention to Serena and took her hand in his. Thor exclaimed, "Healers, we need you over here at once!" All of the healers came to Serena. Loki spoke softly to Serena, "Serena can you hear me? Come back to me Serena, I need you." he cried. Loki asked the healers, "Is she going to be ok?" One of the healers said, "Yes sire, she's trying to come around." Serena started to try and move on the table. Loki spoke gently to Serena, "Please, darling don't move." One of the healers told Loki, "I think she's going to be ok." Loki's heart uplifted in the possibility that Serena was going to be ok.